FAQ   Search   Memberlist  
Profile    Log in to check your private messages    Register    Log in
Does anyone remeber me?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
hollowheart32
PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2004 4:56 pm    Post subject: Does anyone remeber me? Reply with quote

Hi, does anyone remeber me. I dont like to brag but... I was the one who told the webmaster to make these forums... So does anyone?
jebba
PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2004 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember. :)

How's things?

-Jeff

hollowheart32
PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2004 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good. You?
Jason
PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2004 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember too :)
jebba
PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2004 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice.

You still running blag? If so, how's it going?

hollowheart32
PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2004 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well... No acculy. The reson is because I dont have my own computer yet. Seeing how I didnt get my summer job I could not get a laptop :( so I have no other computer besides my family computers to use. But I plan to get a emachines T3092 next year. That reminds me. Will that computer work with Blag? Thanks...
jebba
PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2004 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Find an old box somewhere. Something like a pentium 300 with 64-128megs of RAM and a 3 gig drive is a decent entry point. It won't be screaming fast or anything, but it'll work fine for a desktop. RAM is more important than CPU.

Try to blag one from someone you know--find a jacked-up old windoz box someone is throwing away--this is a common source for blag boxes...

You could check out this place for pretty cheap boxes. They have ones that would work ok for a whopping $17.
http://www.retrobox.com/

hollowheart32
PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2004 2:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I have an old IBM I am going to use blag on. See how I like it. Anyways. Do you think Blag will work on this PC here.
jebba
PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2004 3:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Which PC?

It should go fine on the emachines box--you may want to google it first:

http://www.google.com/search?as_q=linux+emachines+T3092&num=100&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&btnG=Google+Search&as_epq=&as_oq=&as_eq=&lr=&as_ft=i&as_filetype=&as_qdr=all&as_nlo=&as_nhi=&as_occt=any&as_dt=i&as_sitesearch=&safe=images

-Jeff

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2004 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Graet site for old computers. Ill probley buy one and then use BLAG on it. Does BLAG support that software that lets you run Windows games? I wanna run Diablo 2 on it...
Jason
PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2004 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anonymous wrote:
Graet site for old computers. Ill probley buy one and then use BLAG on it. Does BLAG support that software that lets you run Windows games? I wanna run Diablo 2 on it...

Windows gaming and Linux do not mix well at all. WINE can work with games but it is hardly smooth. There are lots of other games to play on Linux though and there is a thread around here with a list of compatible games.

jebba
PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2004 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a wine-based application that allows you to play windoz games under linux. It's called transgaming or something like that. Supposedly it works very well. Search in these forums for the thread--some people were discussing it.

I don't play games so i don't really know much about it.

hollowheart32
PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2004 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I could just get that and play Diablo 2 and Ultima ONline and Dungeon Siege. Then play Guild Wars on my Windows Computer...
_blaggard
PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2004 2:37 am    Post subject: Dynamic Fonts in browsers Reply with quote

Hi,

Some of the websites I frequent, use dynamic fonts. How do I set this up
in Galeon/Mozilla/Konqueror etc.,

Any suggestions will be appreciated.

_blaggard

p.s.: Recently ugraded to BLAG10K and it is great!

Page 1 of 1

Protected by Anti-Spam ACP