FAQ   Search   Memberlist  
Profile    Log in to check your private messages    Register    Log in
My *NEW* Thoughts on BLAG 19999.00067

View previous topic :: View next topic  
TSS_Killer
PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2004 2:28 am    Post subject: My *NEW* Thoughts on BLAG 19999.00067 Reply with quote

Well,its very fast and stable at first glance,and I remembered to set my Hard Drive settings in the BIOS to LBA,to prevent a Winbloz jackked install.Anyway,this could be a very good distro if They fixed the winbloz problem,but overall,it's stunning. I'd say it is 5X faster than BLAG 9002.
stevo32
PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2004 5:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What system are you running it on? (RAM, Proc, etc.) I'd just like to know so that I can compare it to my system and decide whether to upgrade or not, because my system is aging and I don't know if it can handle BLAG 19999.xxxxx/20000.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2004 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevo32 wrote:
What system are you running it on? (RAM, Proc, etc.) I'd just like to know so that I can compare it to my system and decide whether to upgrade or not, because my system is aging and I don't know if it can handle BLAG 19999.xxxxx/20000.

Well my comp is good, its a Duron 1100 with 256mb of ram.

stevo32
PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2004 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok, then i guess i'd better upgrade. just 1 question. can you find most of the extra software (that you installed yourself, it didn't come with blag) that you used on Blag900x(RH9) and Blag10000(FC1) that you can find in Blag 19999.*/20000(FC2) as well?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2004 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevo32 wrote:
ok, then i guess i'd better upgrade. just 1 question. can you find most of the extra software (that you installed yourself, it didn't come with blag) that you used on Blag900x(RH9) and Blag10000(FC1) that you can find in Blag 19999.*/20000(FC2) as well?

Well when you upgrade BLAG won't update any software for you that is not found on the installation disk. You may find you can just do what I do and use apt-get dist-upgrade but if the application is not in the repository then you will need to manually update it yourself.

stevo32
PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2004 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i know that, but some software doesn't run on 10000 but it did run perfectly fine on 900x for me, so i just want to know anybody's personal experience getting this sorta stuff working.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2004 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevo32 wrote:
just 1 question. can you find most of the extra software (that you installed yourself, it didn't come with blag) that you used on Blag900x(RH9) and Blag10000(FC1) that you can find in Blag 19999.*/20000(FC2) as well?

You should be able to find that stuff in dag or freshrpms. They have a FC2 repository going.

jebba
PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2004 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevo32 wrote:
i know that, but some software doesn't run on 10000 but it did run perfectly fine on 900x for me

What broke?

stevo32
PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2004 2:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

VisualBoyAdvance for one, and several others which i've long since deleted because i was ticked trying to get them to work or build them from source. SDL also ended up in a mess too.

Page 1 of 1

Protected by Anti-Spam ACP