BLAG

BLAG Forums
It is currently Sun Dec 21, 2014 12:48 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2004 7:04 pm 
Hi I just wanted to say how much I like Blag Linux. I have tried so many linux distributions in the past and blag is definately the best. I enjoy the fact of having all that I need to get setup and running on one CD. Also, the best is loading up linux for the first time and actually having a good working media/DVD player that I can use without having to search all over the internet for rpm packages. I prefer Blag 9002 even though I have tried out blag 10000 and blag 20000 developement version. For the computers I run(Mostly pentium II, pentium III, AMD k62 and early athlon systems Blag 9002 is the best. I have had to many problems with blag 10000 setting up the video card incorrectly and or locking up during installation too many times. Then again, I have noticed that Blag 10000 runs awesome on much newer system like a pentium 4 or athlons 1.0ghz and up . It must be a older to newer hardware issue. So I believe in time I will make the switch to Blag 10000 or even blag 20000. But for now Blag 9002 is the best for me. Keep up the good work Blag Linux guys.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2004 7:40 pm 
Site Admin

Thanks!

I think 9002 hit the sweet spot for older systems. I'd like to roll in more updates to it, but fedoralegacy.org has produced surprisingly few updates.

It's possible that some form of 20k may work well on them--it would have to be XFCE and not gnome. I have a 266MHz 64 meg of ram laptop that I had xfce/dillo running on. Right now it's turned into a router connected to a 144k GSM network. Works well for old junk. ;)

Thanks again,

-Jeff