FAQ   Search   Memberlist  
Profile    Log in to check your private messages    Register    Log in
Streamtunner in Blag 10000

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chris
PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2004 8:05 pm    Post subject: Streamtunner in Blag 10000 Reply with quote

Hi, My little sister is running Blag 10000 on a HP 700mhz pentium III laptop. She has always used streamtunner to listen to the online radio without a problem until now. She just moved to college and her laptop will not connect to any of the radio stations using the internet in her dorm. However everything else on the internet works fine. Anyone have any ideas?
jebba
PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2004 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps there is a proxy in the dorm she needs to configure (?). Streamtuner can handle proxies, you just have to know what the IP/port are.

-Jeff

Chris
PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2004 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess I would have to ask someone at the college what the proxie is then huh. What a pain in the butt. LOL
kazim
PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2004 12:33 am    Post subject: RE: Streamtuner Reply with quote

I would guess probably their routers are blocking ports other than 80,443,25 etc.. (the standard ports for www and mail clients)

This is usually done for the purposes of blocking p2p traffic (the use of which may legally compromise the host institution, and in time will probably come under the patriot act, along with failing to kneel when the president drives by in his armoured limo)

This measure has been subverted however by the ability of p2p appz to use port 80. Streamtuner however, never uses port 80, so will probably not get through router.

Theres my two pennies. ;)

Page 1 of 1

Protected by Anti-Spam ACP