FAQ   Search   Memberlist  
Profile    Log in to check your private messages    Register    Log in
Blag 60000 - Sweet Install and Setup

View previous topic :: View next topic  
codedude
PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 9:47 pm    Post subject: Blag 60000 - Sweet Install and Setup Reply with quote

First of all I would like to congratulate the Blag developers on a very nice distribution. I've been testing out Linux distros like crazy lately trying to find one that I like. I've done Ubuntu, Mepis, Fedora Core 6, Slackware 11, Vector Linux, Dream Linux, Open Suse 10.2, Debian Etch Beta, Arch and still have not really been satisfied. I'm not really sure why, but just didn't feel as though I had found the one for me. Heck I even loaded Solaris, PC-BSD, and Nexenta, and that left me feeling like a stranger in a strange land.

I just installed Blag 60000 on my Sony Vaio laptop and the install went flawlessly. Of course, I had to download the ipw2200 proprietary firmware files, but after extracting and dumping them into the /lib/firmware directory, I was up and wirelessly connected to the internet in no time. Autodetection also correctly detected my nVidia Go 6400 card and set me up with the perfect 1200x800 resolution. Sound also worked right off the bat, woohoo! Everything seems to be running very speedily including the wireless network.

Again, congratulations to the Blag developers on quite an accomplishment; I think you've quenched my desire to try anymore distros, as I hope I've found a new home here.

Cheers!

jebba
PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice. Welcome aboard. :)
graham
PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I second everything said in post #1 and likewise have played with many versions of Linux, too many to mention.

Blag 6000 is excellent and went on without a problem. I can't do without and prefer the KDE desktop but that too was soon sorted and I hope to stay around this time instead of keep making my HD giddy with new versions.

Well done.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

graham wrote:
I second everything said in post #1 and likewise have played with many versions of Linux, too many to mention.

Blag 6000 is excellent and went on without a problem. I can't do without and prefer the KDE desktop but that too was soon sorted and I hope to stay around this time instead of keep making my HD giddy with new versions.

Well done.

+1 to this & the OP!

This is the first distro that I could get to load & run and it was like butter. It's my first venture outside of windows. I'm looking forward to my adventure in Linux Land.

Big props to Jason where ever you are in resolving my registration problems here at BLAG forum. :)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I totally agree! I have used Blag ever since the 3000 distro, and love it. with the new 6000 version, blag is faster, more stable, and now MPayer plays my wmv files! Add/Remove software, APT, and Yum all work great, something that I have problems with on the previous versions. Congrats on this one, guys, it's the best so far! Even better that Fedora, IMHO.

Page 1 of 1

Protected by Anti-Spam ACP