1000&distupgrade
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jebba
PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2004 4:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

slick50 wrote:
Ok, I know what you are geting at yes I formated my old /home ok :D
(Ya think thats the problem?)

I just thought it may have been something you had particular in your /home/slick50/.gnome or somwhere.

slick50
PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2004 4:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, this issue is ok with us that know about it (ok by me),but newcomers will freak! later.:D
crane
PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2004 4:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well just got through updating a couple updates at a time and all went well. Doing reinstall now and gonna try full update ( all at once)
Beats the heck out of me. I had this problem also and now I can't reploduce it.

Just wandering. Everyone with the problem what vid card and drivers are you running?
I'm running nvidia with latest drivers.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2004 5:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have used a number of video cards. One was a intel 810, another savage 3 and the other was a sis 6326 video card. Same problem with all.
Chris
PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2004 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, anyone have any ideas as to whats going on with synaptic? I am afraid to use it now. :?
slick50
PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2004 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know this thing for sure once you update with apt-get the first time you can use synaptic
all you want after that cause I used if after I did update and no problems ok :D

crane
PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2004 4:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Strange...

I installed 10k and did updates 2 at a time through synaptic and had no problems.
Then I reinstalled and did full update with no problems.
I can't get it to screw up again.

Do you guys think it could be some kind of hardware confllicked? I wouldn't thinkso.
Also when this happens can you log in as root or does that suffer the same fate?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2004 5:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Same problems with root. I am wondering why upgrading the whole thing at once messes it up but selecting things one at a time doesn't.
crane
PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2004 2:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chris wrote:
Same problems with root. I am wondering why upgrading the whole thing at once messes it up but selecting things one at a time doesn't.

Thats just it after that I reinstalled and upgraded all at once with no problems.
It's a different computer that I had the first time the problem showed. But I just can't see this being hard ware related.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2004 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I found a solution to this problem. Blag 10001 I mean, if Blag 10001 has most of the updates on it already then when you do the download in synatic for system update it shouldn't freek out. Right? I am just guessing here.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BLAG Forum Index -> support Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Protected by Anti-Spam ACP