BLAG

BLAG Forums
It is currently Thu Dec 18, 2014 11:43 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2004 12:42 pm 
Site Admin

Can't seem to get to the Linux partition of this box (see hanging at PCMCIA thread...). Can't seem to burn iso images from my Doze partition. Tried using Isoblaster and Nero, but the cd doesn't want to tell the box to install BLAG.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2004 11:40 pm 
Site Admin

WTF? You can't burn the CD under windows?

"the cd doesn't want to tell the box to install BLAG." I have no idea. Sry. WTF does this mean?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2004 1:23 am 
I am not sure if you have already checked this or not but is your computer set up to boot from the cd drive? Check in the bios.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2004 2:06 am 

Maybe I don't get it but heres the tips to get cd You have to burn the .iso to CD Option is create cd from .iso If you did it wrong just pop it in the cdrom if you get one file on it. You did it wrong won't boot no matter what!
If you get numerous files you got it!! Now make sure you boot bios cdrom first ! You machine bios maybe delete, f1, f10 whatever! depend on your machine! Enjoy!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2004 7:44 am 

Hi
It seems to me as if You are using Windoz. There is a free software around named BURN4FREE. - works fine for me. (www.burn4free.com)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2004 12:20 pm 
Site Admin

john maclean wrote:
Can't seem to get to the Linux partition of this box (see hanging at PCMCIA thread...). Can't seem to burn iso images from my Doze partition. Tried using Isoblaster and Nero, but the cd doesn't want to tell the box to install BLAG.

Uaing Nero fo to File > Burn Image

Then locate your ISO file and burn AND simulate. The simulate option will pickup any errors for you.

This is a common error where people don't realise the difference between clicking Burn Image as opposed to just dragging files onto the CD. If you just drag the files, the image isn't actually burned as an image. It stays as a data file.

Now just pop the CD in and reboot.

If it doesn't boot, then either you burned the ISO incorrectly or your BIOS isn't set to boot the CD first.

If it does boot, then when BLAG asks if you want to test the media, click yes. If it passes that then you have a perfectly good working copy of BLAG.

Failing that let me know your addy and I will pop one in the post. Assuming you live in London it will arrive tomorrow morning.