FAQ   Search   Memberlist  
Profile    Log in to check your private messages    Register    Log in
USB CD ROM

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chris
PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 5:20 pm    Post subject: USB CD ROM Reply with quote

Is there a way to install Blag using a USB cd drive? I know I have done it with mandrake linux before by selecting the USB bootable floppy on its cd. Does blag have something similar?
slick50
PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never tryed that before but I will give it a shot and see how it works out! :D
slick50
PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

After going though various machines, and testing looking for one with boot ops for usb cdrom found one. would hang at that option, So I didn't find out for sure, This is kinda what I went through with booting a usb flash card! A real pain. Someone out there find out let us know...
Chris
PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You shouldn't need to set the machine to boot from usb in the bios. Maybe I wasn't too clear before. In madrake there is a botable floppy you can make that will let you acces a usb cdrom drive for your install.
jebba
PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In 10k there is a bootable floppy image. Look in the images/ directory of the CD.

To make floppy:
Code:
dd if=bootdisk.img of=/dev/fd0

I have installed blag on a USB flash key but not from USB cdrom. It should be possible... :)

slick50
PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2004 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, I used the boot image, using my usb high speed cdrw and used and ole 4gig layin around and it loaded sweet detected my 2.0 writer and went to town so I guess the answer is yes you can load BLAG with a usb device (cdwr) & floppy image :D
Chris
PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2004 4:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rock on!
Page 1 of 1

Protected by Anti-Spam ACP