FAQ   Search   Memberlist  
Profile    Log in to check your private messages    Register    Log in
Lastfm blag group
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jebba
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got it to work with listen (the only one I tried).
pistonbrew
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i joined the blag group fairly recently, username bob_summers. i'm using audacious with the last.fm scrobbler plug-in, works well :-)

did anyone get the last.fm client working in blag? my build fails on make. not sure if the clients is all that necessary, but would be nice to get it working.

my output, fwiw:

Code:
[root@summersHQ last.fm-1.3.2.13]# ./configure
==> Last.fm-1.3.1 Configure
==> Checking for qmake...
==> Checking the installed version of Qt is correct...
==> Generating Makefiles...
Good, your configure is finished. Now type 'make'
If you have problems during the build, consult the README file.
[root@summersHQ last.fm-1.3.2.13]# make
cd src/libLastFmTools/ && make -f Makefile
make[1]: Entering directory `/home/bob/Desktop/last.fm-1.3.2.13/src/libLastFmTools'
g++ -c -pipe -O2 -g -pipe -Wall -Wp,-D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -fstack-protector --param=ssp-buffer-size=4 -m32 -march=i386 -mtune=generic -fasynchronous-unwind-tables -w -D_REENTRANT -fPIC -DNBREAKPAD -DLINUX -DQT_NO_DEBUG -DQT_XML_LIB -DQT_GUI_LIB -DQT_NETWORK_LIB -DQT_CORE_LIB -I/usr/lib/qt4/mkspecs/linux-g++ -I. -I/usr/include/QtCore -I/usr/include/QtCore -I/usr/include/QtNetwork -I/usr/include/QtNetwork -I/usr/include/QtGui -I/usr/include/QtGui -I/usr/include/QtXml -I/usr/include/QtXml -I/usr/include -I../../src -I. -I../../build -I../../build/LastFmTools/release -I../../build -o ../../build/LastFmTools/release/last.fm.o last.fm.cpp
make[1]: g++: Command not found
make[1]: *** [../../build/LastFmTools/release/last.fm.o] Error 127
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/bob/Desktop/last.fm-1.3.2.13/src/libLastFmTools'
make: *** [sub-src-libLastFmTools-make_default-ordered] Error 2

i've got glibc and qt4, thought maybe i need gcc-c++ but i can't get it through apt-get:

gcc-c++:
Depends: libstdc++-devel (= 4.1.2-12)
Depends: gcc (= 4.1.2-12)
Depends: libstdc++ (= 4.1.2-12)

iron_chef
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey piston,
Looks like you don't have the g++ packages (obviously). Try doing an 'apt-cache search' for g++ or c++, it'll let you know exactly what the package is called. I'm not at my blag box right now, I can't remember the specific name of the rpms you need.

Joe

pistonbrew wrote:
i joined the blag group fairly recently, username bob_summers. i'm using audacious with the last.fm scrobbler plug-in, works well :-)

did anyone get the last.fm client working in blag? my build fails on make. not sure if the clients is all that necessary, but would be nice to get it working.

my output, fwiw:

Code:
[root@summersHQ last.fm-1.3.2.13]# ./configure
==> Last.fm-1.3.1 Configure
==> Checking for qmake...
==> Checking the installed version of Qt is correct...
==> Generating Makefiles...
Good, your configure is finished. Now type 'make'
If you have problems during the build, consult the README file.
[root@summersHQ last.fm-1.3.2.13]# make
cd src/libLastFmTools/ && make -f Makefile
make[1]: Entering directory `/home/bob/Desktop/last.fm-1.3.2.13/src/libLastFmTools'
g++ -c -pipe -O2 -g -pipe -Wall -Wp,-D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -fstack-protector --param=ssp-buffer-size=4 -m32 -march=i386 -mtune=generic -fasynchronous-unwind-tables -w -D_REENTRANT -fPIC -DNBREAKPAD -DLINUX -DQT_NO_DEBUG -DQT_XML_LIB -DQT_GUI_LIB -DQT_NETWORK_LIB -DQT_CORE_LIB -I/usr/lib/qt4/mkspecs/linux-g++ -I. -I/usr/include/QtCore -I/usr/include/QtCore -I/usr/include/QtNetwork -I/usr/include/QtNetwork -I/usr/include/QtGui -I/usr/include/QtGui -I/usr/include/QtXml -I/usr/include/QtXml -I/usr/include -I../../src -I. -I../../build -I../../build/LastFmTools/release -I../../build -o ../../build/LastFmTools/release/last.fm.o last.fm.cpp
make[1]: g++: Command not found
make[1]: *** [../../build/LastFmTools/release/last.fm.o] Error 127
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/bob/Desktop/last.fm-1.3.2.13/src/libLastFmTools'
make: *** [sub-src-libLastFmTools-make_default-ordered] Error 2

i've got glibc and qt4, thought maybe i need gcc-c++ but i can't get it through apt-get:

gcc-c++:
Depends: libstdc++-devel (= 4.1.2-12)

pistonbrew
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi iron_chef - have you got the client running in blag?

i tried searching for g++, installing the packages didn't help.

iron_chef
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pistonbrew -
I'm at work again, but I'm installing blag on a spare machine in my cube as I type this, I'll try building the last.fm client and let you know how it goes. Stay tuned!

Joe

iron_chef
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, I'm back. To build the client, here's what I had to do, from a fresh Blag install.

Use Synaptic to install the following packages, along with all their dependencies that get pulled in:

- qt4-devel
- make
- gcc-c++
- alsa-lib-devel

Then run ./configure and then make. It built without errors for me. The resulting binaries are in the bin/ subdirectory of the directory you run make from.

Let me know if you have any problems!

J

pistonbrew
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey joe, which blag are you using? i'm using the 70k alpha, and i get this when i try to install gcc-c++:

Code:
The following packages have unmet dependencies:
  gcc-c++: Depends: libstdc++-devel (= 4.1.2-12)
E: Broken packages

i have all the other deps. you mentioned but it seems last.fm won't make without gcc-c++

cheers
bob

iron_chef
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, that may be the issue... I actually only had the 60k beta laying around here, so I installed that. Then I did an apt-get upgrade to get to the latest "official" release, the one with the hippo wallpaper, I think it's 60001. I haven't tried the 70k alpha yet.
It looks like something's broken in the repo, possibly. That's a bummer.
Maybe Jebba has some ideas?

Joe

pistonbrew wrote:
hey joe, which blag are you using? i'm using the 70k alpha, and i get this when i try to install gcc-c++:

Code:
The following packages have unmet dependencies:
  gcc-c++: Depends: libstdc++-devel (= 4.1.2-12)
E: Broken packages

i have all the other deps. you mentioned but it seems last.fm won't make without gcc-c++

cheers
bob

jebba
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It sounds more like you need to run `apt-get update` then `apt-get install gcc-c++`

If that's still jacked (as seen by something like `apt-get check`), you may have some conflicts due to installing directly with `rpm`. `apt-get -f install` will sort things out (but beware if it says it wants to remove a zillion packages).

-Jeff

pistonbrew
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jebba wrote:
It sounds more like you need to run `apt-get update` then `apt-get install gcc-c++`
-Jeff

by jove, that's done it :-)

it's beyond my ken why apt-get installed it, and synaptic wouldn't though. possibly something changed in the repo's in between attempts? it has taken me a few days to get back around to it.

anyway, serves me right for getting lazy with the command line! gcc is installed and last.fm has been 'make'ing for 15 mins or so...

jebba
PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm guessing you didn't do the synaptic equivalent of `apt-get update`
pistonbrew
PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

more than likely ;-)

upshot is, the last.fm client is now running on me blag boxes, and although not particularly integrated into gnome, it works well enough. just needs a fedora rpm to come along and tie up the loose ends i guess.

noldrin
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The audacious in BLAG 70K default install comes with Audio Scrobbler built in (as does listen) So now is a good time to join the BLAG group. I should start scrobbling music again.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BLAG Forum Index -> open discussion Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Protected by Anti-Spam ACP