FAQ   Search   Memberlist  
Profile    Log in to check your private messages    Register    Log in
Blackbox

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mwb
PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2004 7:47 pm    Post subject: Blackbox Reply with quote

Sorry for the easy question. But how do I choose blackbox? I can't seem to get it to run...

Thanks- MWB

stevo32
PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2004 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

when you're at the login screen, hit session, choose Blackbox and hit Ok, then type your username and password and its a go :D

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2004 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fluxbox is way better than Blackbox(you can still use Blackbox themes too :D ).
jbarry
PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 3:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have successfully installed and used blackbox (nice and fast). My only problem is I don't know how to make it the default. everytime i bootup i need to go to and chooce blackbox from the choices. How do i make it my default wm.

I know this is not my post, and i'm hijacking it but i think the original poster will also like to know answer to my question :wink:

Regards

jBarry

mwb
PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 1:00 pm    Post subject: Blackbox Reply with quote

Hi- thanks for the replies. When I boot up, the session screen only has 3 choices- Default, Gnome, and failsafe terminal. Blackbox isn't one of the choices. I'm pretty sure I installed it originally. Thanks,

MWB

mwb
PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 1:19 pm    Post subject: So now I feel stupid.... Reply with quote

OK- I never installed blackbox. It's running fine now. I should have looked it up first....
I'm not sure how to make it default, switchdesk didn't work for me. (YET) Thanks for your answers,

Another BLAG convert,
MWB

Jason
PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2004 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To change any desktop default to another, just edit
/etc/sysconfig/desktop file so it says DESKTOP="GNOME" obviously replacing GNOME with whateveryou want to use.

Page 1 of 1

Protected by Anti-Spam ACP