FAQ   Search   Memberlist  
Profile    Log in to check your private messages    Register    Log in
69K ISO images (alpha)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic :: View next topic  
john maclean
PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Volunteer for website, release notes, announcements. I'll just reword those from previous releases if that's ok.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

john maclean wrote:
Volunteer for website, release notes, announcements. I'll just reword those from previous releases if that's ok.

Cool, ya, go for it. The website i have basically done now already except for the /features/ pages. If you want to do an announcement and release-notes, that would rule. ;) Attach them in bz if you could.

Thanks!

john maclean
PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will do. At work right now so will act this evening. Will bugzilla as required. If I have any questions will holler on irc

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How about putting a screenshot on the web page? That might require moving some things, but it might get some more people interested.
jebba
PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

contents wrote:
How about putting a screenshot on the web page? That might require moving some things, but it might get some more people interested.

Ya, we used to have a screenshot section, but I haven't updated it since like 30k or so.

What I think would be really cool is to start including /videos/ of things in action...

By the way, there is a new BETA up on the site in the UNTESTED directory, because I haven't tested it yet. ;) It now has 2.6.23 kernel.

Magic Banana
PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do not finf any file in ftp://ftp.blagblagblag.org/pub/blag/linux/70000/en/iso/UNTESTED
jebba
PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Magic Banana wrote:
I do not finf any file in ftp://ftp.blagblagblag.org/pub/blag/linux/70000/en/iso/UNTESTED

Ya, i whacked it because it isn't quite flying in my kvm test. I'll put it back up there for you to test, just note it likely has some issue. If you do get some results from it let me know asap.

john maclean
PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 2:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

About to download the latest iso image. Will install during lunch break and take some screenshots. Will try to get instalbul working. Last time I tried it borked.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 2:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've tested Blag 60k a long time ago but wasn't a fan of the rpm thing...
I continued to test a bunch of distros and finally started to like rpm base distro.
Now, I currently use Vector Linux on my Desktop and Sidux on my laptop and I have a free partition to try a new distro... I would like to give BLAG a new try, 'cause I really like the philosophy of this distribution and Fedora 7 is a pretty good base... So just wonder if it worth the thing to download the latest "untest" release or if it's a better thing to wait for the release (if it's only in a couple of days...)

So sorry for the dumb question and sorry for my english too ;)

extraspecialbitter
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 3:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The latest tested release, ftp://ftp.blagblagblag.org/pub/blag/linux/TESTING/en/iso/BLAG-69999.80005.iso, is uncommonly stable for a "beta". I highly recommend it.
r7
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 3:55 pm    Post subject: 69999.80005 Reply with quote

extraspecialbitter wrote:
The latest tested release, ftp://ftp.blagblagblag.org/pub/blag/linux/TESTING/en/iso/BLAG-69999.80005.iso, is uncommonly stable for a "beta". I highly recommend it.

it has been completely unproblematic for me too.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BLAG Forum Index -> development Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Protected by Anti-Spam ACP