BLAG

BLAG Forums
It is currently Sat Dec 20, 2014 11:50 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 4:37 pm 

Like any 5 year old child who looks forward to Christmas, I would like to know when you plan to release BLAG 8000.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 1:45 am 
Site Admin

When it's ready. It'll be a while.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 3:04 pm 

8000 was released years ago, unless you are referring to 80000? ;)

I would say you are getting ahead of yourself, 70K still in production, so I don't think they'll be rushing out 80K, although hopefully 80K won't be as hard as Fedora 8 isn't that different than Fedora 7. Of course there is also the chance that Fedora 8 sucks and 80K never will come out, or perhaps 70K + updates is close enough to what an 80K would be that their is no point in developing, instead they could back port some Fedora 8 into a 700001. For instance the IceT java package from Fedora 8 works flawlessly in the 70K alpha. Their is no sense to run on the upgrade treadmill if their is no real gain from it. I've always been a fan of yearly releases + rolling updates than 6 month releases. Heck the main reasons I've ever even bother upgrading my BLAG boxes is to get the latest python runtimes, although I've always been happy about the speed increases the upgrades brought.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 11:44 pm 

i am trying out fedora 8, mainly to see gnome2.20. there have been quite a few niggles, the bulk of which aren't really fedora-specific, but more incidental (nvidia, thunderbird, disk mounting and a few more beside). it's been just a little bit crashy.

i'm sure the problems will be ironed out by the time fc8 is blagged, so i'd suggest sticking with blag60/70k for now, if you want something that plain old works. basically, wot noldrin sez :-)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 12:14 am 

60K? I thought that Fedora stopped supporting this version. I they have not yet done so, it should not last much longer.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 12:16 am 
Site Admin

pfe1223 wrote:
60K? I thought that Fedora stopped supporting this version. I they have not yet done so, it should not last much longer.

fc6 is done in december.

70k is basically ready, but a few odds and ends. Take a look at bugzilla if you're curious or want to help:
http://bugzilla.blagblagblag.org

I'll likely do a 79k alpha soon enough too. But for now, for all practical purposes, 69k is "stable" and has been for quite some time...