BLAG

BLAG Forums
It is currently Sat Dec 20, 2014 1:46 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: New Development Process
PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 12:23 am 

With the invention of Revisor by Fedora, will the development process for Blag change at all? I get the impression that Revisor is supposed to make custom spins a very easy process. Revisor seems to be made for projects like Blag. Also, would you consider a Blag specific Revisor? By this I mean that people can create their own custom Blag (icons, graphics, etc.) on their own. I know that a lot of users request to/remove certain features/programs. A Blag Revisor would keep the Blag team from trying to accomodate all the users each release. Instead, the Blag team can create the "official" spin, with whatever programs the Blag teams wants. End users, however, are free to make their own.

Has anybody heard of Nimblex? It is a Slackware-based livecd. The most interesting thing that they do is a custom iso creation website. Unlike Revisor, there is no program to download. Instead, you go to a website, and you are asked a series of questions about which types of software you would like to have added to the base system. When finished, Nimblex creates the iso, and you then have 12 hours to download it. It is a great idea. If this technology uses the GPL, I wonder if Blag would be interested in hosting a similar website.

http://custom.nimblex.net/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 2:09 am 
Site Admin

I've poked at revisor and it's command line tools. I've built versions of blag with it. I'm using my own crappy scripts to build it still though. Users can certainly do their own custom builds of BLAG with it too if they want.

I've definitely thought about doing a website where you can basically pick your packages and make an ISO. Lots of work to do that though....