FAQ   Search   Memberlist  
Profile    Log in to check your private messages    Register    Log in
Seamonkey 1.1.7?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
saddletramp
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 2:39 am    Post subject: Seamonkey 1.1.7? Reply with quote

where is the new version of seamonkey? can't believe it's not in the repositories yet.

even zenwalk has the new version up already.

noldrin
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 3:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks like Fedora 7 still is 1.1.6,

http://mirror.cc.vt.edu/pub/fedora/linux/updates/7/i386/

So I imagine jebba waits for the source to come down from there. (plus he might have a life and will get to things when he can) If you need 1.1.7, try the unofficial build from:

http://releases.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/seamonkey/releases/1.1.7/contrib/FC_RPMS/

You might want to uninstall the BLAG issued seamonkey first or apt will keep warning you that you have two version of seamonkey.

saddletramp
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 4:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks noldrin.

that gives me an instant idea on how the repos work and where they're coming from and who is doing what on those. mostly a one man team, other than the other members here who help with the advice, huh?

i'll wait for it to come down.

thanks again

jebba
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 4:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When seamonkey hits fedora's repository it will automatically be copied to BLAG's RPMS.errata dir and be available. This repository syncs once a day. I don't see a release from fedora yet. Can it really be that different though?
saddletramp
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

doesn't have to be "different" does it? aren't most updates security/bug related? i don't give a hoot about different or eye candy type stuff, just keep it secure, stable and up to date.

that's not intended to be aimed at you jebba. i know you don't control that stuff.

saddletramp
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

no sooner do i ask about this and, poof, there it is!!

iceweasel update also.

edit:
oops! i lied. those updates were on my computer that has zenwalk 4.8 on it.
as of now, no seamonkey. :(

Page 1 of 1

Protected by Anti-Spam ACP