FAQ   Search   Memberlist  
Profile    Log in to check your private messages    Register    Log in
Congratulations!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ton.gmaisg
PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 12:14 pm    Post subject: Congratulations! Reply with quote

Hi, i just want to congratulate the developers of Blag...i used before the 3001, but after i could not install the upgrades because of some incopatibility in the anaconda installer. So i had to go to another distro...for a while. But now i have just installed Blag 7k, and what a surprise!!!! Everything worked out of the box and i am so pleased to be using Blag again. The developers of Fedora Core should learn something from you guys....hehehe...Well, again, congratulations to you all. I am a graphic artist and the design of Blag is awsome, and its speed!!! My computer is a bit old, a AthlonXP Barton processor 2.6Ghz, 1024MB RAM, 80gib HD and a Nvidia FX 5200 video card with 256MB.

Best regards

Ton

saddletramp
PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

have to agree with you on how well blag runs out of the box. now that i've found out a couple things about it. just started using it myself about a month or so ago.

if you're considering your machine a bit old, i only wish any of my 7 machines were that old. my best machine is only a 2.1ghz, 1024mb memory, some crap onboard nvidia card that i hate with 64mb memory. the oldest machine i have blag on is only a 650mhz amd, 384mb memory and some rink a dink ati card with 32mb memory. blag runs great on all machines though.

jebba
PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad you're liking it :) I'm sure LOTS of BLAG users would love a machine that old!
ton.gmaisg
PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 12:48 pm    Post subject: Congartulations!! Reply with quote

Hi, well when i said my machine is a bit old, is comparing with the so up growing technology, it is so fast that one can go branckruptcy (?). I live in Brazil, so the money factor counts a lot....we are a third world country, so if i would try to keep up with tecnology, i would not have any by now...hehehe. But thanks to Blag, i can run a super system with my configuration, and as for my needs, graphics design, where i use Gimp, inkscape, scribus and Blender with Yafray, i can obtain very excelent results and deliver my work on schedule. Since when i discovered Blag, i am sure this is my perfect distro. I think Linux users are always serching for the perfect distro and it is hard to stick to only one, but for me this search was ended when i came across Blag.

Merry Christmas to everybody and a happy new year!!!

Ton

jebba
PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 1:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Congartulations!! Reply with quote

ton.gmaisg wrote:
thanks to Blag, i can run a super system with my configuration, and as for my needs, graphics design, where i use Gimp, inkscape, scribus and Blender with Yafray, i can obtain very excelent results and deliver my work on schedule.

Do you have any examples you can share?

Thanks,

-Jeff

saddletramp
PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i knew what you meant by old. just using your wording as a parody, sort of.

all my machines also have windows xp (1 with vista, that REALLY sucks) and zenwalk 4,8 on them too. i believe my debate with myself has ended as far as the best/perfect linux distro to play with too. blag rocks!!

of course,
with my usual luck, i can see this distro somehow coming to an end, just because i found it now!!

jebba
PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://wiki.blagblagblag.org/Roadmap
saddletramp
PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah,
i'm watching that!

thanks

Jason
PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2007 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BLAG will never end. We have Jeff hostage and he isn't ever leaving. He is immortal btw.
saddletramp
PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2007 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jason wrote:
BLAG will never end. We have Jeff hostage and he isn't ever leaving. He is immortal btw.

not quite sure about immortal, as of yet, but a lifesaver already, in my short time here.

keep the key to where ever you have him held hostage stashed real well!!

john maclean
PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2007 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

we feed him on bandwidth and pizza

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2007 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

intravenously too, i'm assuming!! just to keep the flow going. LOL
ton.gmaisg
PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 6:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Congartulations!! Reply with quote

jebba wrote:
ton.gmaisg wrote:
thanks to Blag, i can run a super system with my configuration, and as for my needs, graphics design, where i use Gimp, inkscape, scribus and Blender with Yafray, i can obtain very excelent results and deliver my work on schedule.

Thanks,

-Jeff

Hi again. Well i do have some work to show. But how to i attach 2 images that i would like to share to the message?

jebba
PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 6:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Congartulations!! Reply with quote

ton.gmaisg wrote:
jebba wrote:
ton.gmaisg wrote:

Thanks,

-Jeff

Hi again. Well i do have some work to show. But how to i attach 2 images that i would like to share to the message?

Hmm, we dont have images in the forums right now. (That was originally for spam prevention, but we appear to have that under control now.) You'd have to upload them somewhere on the 'web and put a URL here. Or just mail 'em to moe@blagblagblag.org, but then only I can take a look. ;)

-Jeff

Page 1 of 1

Protected by Anti-Spam ACP