BLAG

BLAG Forums
It is currently Sat Dec 20, 2014 4:31 am

All times are UTC




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: live cd's kernel
PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 10:06 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue May 22, 2007 10:26 am
Posts: 18
Hi people,

I am truly amazed to see how much work it has been done to make this a completely free distro. Kudos to the developer(s?).
I would like to know if the kernel in the live CD is also a 'liberated' version or, on the contrary, is the regular one from Fedora. In case it is not one of the newest 'libre' versions, is it going to be updated in the future?

I am also curious about what is BLAG's policy about introducing non-free but publicly available documentation in the repositories. I mean, do you follow some hard-debian-type policy or do you consider HOW-TOs and tutorials as non-software and so find CCommons licenses and others as valid ones?

Thanks again for this great job!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: live cd's kernel
PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 10:20 pm 
Offline
Site Admin

Joined: Sun Mar 14, 2004 3:17 pm
Posts: 4492
Location: Loveland, Colorado, USA
harmattan wrote:
I am truly amazed to see how much work it has been done to make this a completely free distro. Kudos to the developer(s?).


thx

harmattan wrote:
I would like to know if the kernel in the live CD is also a 'liberated' version or, on the contrary, is the regular one from Fedora. In case it is not one of the newest 'libre' versions, is it going to be updated in the future?


The current livecd still uses the fedora kernel as a new ISO hasn't been spun yet. The next version will have a -libre kernel.

harmattan wrote:
I am also curious about what is BLAG's policy about introducing non-free but publicly available documentation in the repositories. I mean, do you follow some hard-debian-type policy or do you consider HOW-TOs and tutorials as non-software and so find CCommons licenses and others as valid ones?


Uh.

I guess I prefer GFDL but realize it isn't a perfect fit for everything. The bits of music i've added to the ISO have been under the Artistic License or Free Art License or something like that. I guess we don't have a policy. ;)

-Jeff


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group