FAQ   Search   Memberlist  
Profile    Log in to check your private messages    Register    Log in
Live/new Cd torrent?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Saint of Killers
PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 9:32 pm    Post subject: Live/new Cd torrent? Reply with quote

Hello again fellas. As a person stuck with dialup, attempting to grab copies of the livecd to show off to friends, or pull down the latest version to try out, is a bit beyond my means, and so was wondering if any thought had been given to creating and seeding a torrent of these projects somewhere? I managed to get the Sugarwater Cd while staying with friends, but now have no broadband access, and a torrent would be ideal, as I could download it gradually, mostly while asleep for instance. If my connection breaks, i don't find myself having to start all over again. :)

I've promoted this fine distro to a number of my friends, and have even seeded the Sugarwater version on a couple of torrent sites also to increase exposure, and promote the idea of being able to do virtually everything with Free Software, and a number of people have shown considerable interest, and it has been downloaded numerous times, so i can only assume this is good for exposure/pr/etc. Anyway, would there be any chance of these projects being posted somewhere so one might be able to download them with my limited means? With sugar on top? :P

Thanks for listening. Cheers all. :)

Saint of Killers
PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*BUMP*

Anyone? Bueller?

jebba
PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is this what you mean? sry i'm really tired right now:

http://www.blagblagblag.org/torrents/BLAG-70000.iso.torrent

john maclean
PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

error(s): [18:34:38] Problem connecting to tracker - timeout exceeded

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok now?

We should just have the torrents sit on piratebay or something and point to there so we don't have to maintain a tracker and stuff ;)

john maclean
PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Code:
error(s): [20:59:57] Problem connecting to tracker - timeout exceeded

I can torrent from that server in EU.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 2:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have 70000, and was seeding it on Piratebay and h33t.com, but was after a copy of the "livecd" mostly, as it came out after I moved, and have no broadband. Was hoping for a copy of live so can preview it to friends without dragging my pc along.
Page 1 of 1

Protected by Anti-Spam ACP