FAQ   Search   Memberlist  
Profile    Log in to check your private messages    Register    Log in
Higher screen resolution

View previous topic :: View next topic  
hoppy72
PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 6:29 pm    Post subject: Higher screen resolution Reply with quote

I looked on the forum but did not see an answer to this question so here goes. I have a HP w2207 monitor that autoconfigures to 1680x1050-60Hz resolution. After installing 7K, it defaulted to 1600x1200-75Hz which caused the screen graphics to "float around" with the mouse. I changed my resolution to 1280x1024-75Hz which cured that problem but now my monitor keeps auto adjusting and popping up a message saying "recommended setting is 1680x1050." My login screen also "floats around" (i'm sure there is a better way to describe what it does, but I don't know it). I am attempting to wean my wife off of her Windoze addiction and these little glitches create problems for me. Is there a way to get the 1680x1050 to work? I ran system-config-display and tried to select the monitor manually, but mine isn't listed and I was afraid to try something close. It's not the end of the world, but just one of those little annoying things that drives me bonkers. If this is the worst thing that happens to me though, I'm still in pretty good shape....
wabash
PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you post the contents of /etc/X11/xorg.conf?
Page 1 of 1

Protected by Anti-Spam ACP