BLAG

BLAG Forums
It is currently Sat Dec 20, 2014 5:21 pm

All times are UTC




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: [blag-users] linux
PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 5:54 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jun 17, 2007 6:09 pm
Posts: 20
hi blaggers,
for some reason, when downloading 9.0 and then burning a cd, the test
indicates an error. i was able to finish installing my blag but it has
its own 'mind' so i can't use wireless, my passwords don't work, and i
can't go back to my old blag. it also said: wlan0...SIOCSIFFLAGS: no
such file or directory, failed; and said that that write cache is enabled
but doesn't support spa or fua (which i got no idea what it means, ssshh-i
don't like dell/intell for making it so difficult). so i have to depend
on wired connection as i have through these months and use another live
cd.
i'm not complaining, live goes on, i'm sure it's because i don't know what
i'm doing. if i get a feedback, that'd be a waa.
cheers.
ps-i love your map/diagram, thanks.






_______________________________________________
blag-users mailing list
blag-users@lists.blagblagblag.org
https://www.autistici.org/mailman/listinfo/blag-users

Post generated using Mail2Forum (http://www.mail2forum.com)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: [blag-users] linux
PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 7:14 pm 
Offline
Site Admin

Joined: Sun Mar 14, 2004 3:17 pm
Posts: 4492
Location: Loveland, Colorado, USA
novavida wrote:
Quote:
hi blaggers,
for some reason, when downloading 9.0 and then burning a cd, the test
indicates an error.

You really should install from a known good CD. If the test fails, who knows
what you'll get.

Here's a command to burn with:
cdrecord -pad -dao -data BLAG-90001-i386.iso

Quote:
i was able to finish installing my blag but it has
its own 'mind' so i can't use wireless, my passwords don't work, and i
can't go back to my old blag. it also said: wlan0...SIOCSIFFLAGS: no
such file or directory, failed; and said that that write cache is enabled
but doesn't support spa or fua (which i got no idea what it means, ssshh-i
don't like dell/intell for making it so difficult). so i have to depend
on wired connection as i have through these months and use another live
cd.

Oh yes, wireless is quite painful if it's not supported by free software. I
wish I had a majick wand to fix that, but the problem rests with the
manufacturers. You'll have best luck with a card from this list:
http://www.fsf.org/resources/hw/net/wireless/cards.html

Installing from a corrupt CD can certainly cause the other problems you mention
above. You could try re-installing with a known-good CD. :)

Quote:
i'm not complaining, live goes on, i'm sure it's because i don't know what
i'm doing. if i get a feedback, that'd be a waa.

haha.

Have fun,

-Jeff
_______________________________________________
blag-users mailing list
blag-users@lists.blagblagblag.org
https://www.autistici.org/mailman/listinfo/blag-users

Post generated using Mail2Forum (http://www.mail2forum.com)


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group