FAQ   Search   Memberlist  
Profile    Log in to check your private messages    Register    Log in
sound issues - snd-intel-hda in 90k

View previous topic :: View next topic  
pistonbrew
PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 9:18 pm    Post subject: sound issues - snd-intel-hda in 90k Reply with quote

hiya

i've had some buggyness under 90k, system lockups which i thought were related to yum/yumex but then appeared to be quite random. i tried fedora 9, and got the same thing.

i suspect it is something to do with the sound, as there is some general weirdness going on with the mixers - levels jumping up and down, muting, etc.

have any of you had similar problems with the snd-intel-hda module? i tried running both the alsa and oss mixers, and had the same crashes.

it all works fine in 70k, which is what i've reverted to as my wife is in the middle of a masters and we can't have any crashes right now!

cheers

bob

john maclean
PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a problem with a Thinkpad X60s. From what I can remember there's something to add in /etc/modprobe.conf but there's /etc/modprobe.conf.dist now.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

snd-intel-hda: I am using this in a number of systems without problem. But I have come across many posts of people having problems with it (not in blag, but in general in fedora/linux) especially related to it popping and such.
pistonbrew
PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i've basically got that board coz a friend in spain, a linux noob, bought a barebones dell tower and installed ubuntu. he was having so many sound issues, i bought the same board (a thirty quid asus as i remember, cheaper than the cost of umpteen international phone calls...) to see if i could replicate the problems. it lasted a week before i blagged it and it worked perfectly until i tried 90k.
Page 1 of 1

Protected by Anti-Spam ACP