FAQ   Search   Memberlist  
Profile    Log in to check your private messages    Register    Log in
Capricious cursor themes

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Saint Simian
PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 6:40 pm    Post subject: Capricious cursor themes Reply with quote

First off, thanks to fcassia for his wonderful post on red cursor themes. I've got fond memories of OS/2's red cursors and blue background, and I've been trying to get some similar colours happening under Linux.

I installed a new cursor theme (red_mix, actually). It works beautifully, but I notice when the cursor moves over certain windows it reverts back to the default. Specifically it reverts in a Java app (JSesh) and the SWI-Prolog GUI kit XPCE. When I move the mouse away from these windows, it turns back into the red_mix theme.

Is there some setting in GNOME or a setting in Java/XPCE that dictates they use a particular cursor theme? It seems odd to have individual applications controlling the default cursor.

Any thoughts are appreciated.

noldrin
PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have had a similar experience with using left handed pointers. Basically the gdm screen is one way, but when i log in it's the way I specified.

My guess is that it's the difference between changing the user settings and the system settings.

Page 1 of 1

Protected by Anti-Spam ACP