FAQ   Search   Memberlist  
Profile    Log in to check your private messages    Register    Log in
auto-reconnect to an mp3 stream?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
cfar893fm
PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 5:41 am    Post subject: auto-reconnect to an mp3 stream? Reply with quote

does anyone know of an mp3 player that can be set to automatically reconnect to an mp3 stream if the connection cuts out? im using xmms to listen to an icecast2 stream on radio.blagblagblag.org, and i need it to stay connected 24/7, but occasionally the source (muse) gets disconnected. muse waits 10 minutes then reconnects, but someone has to click play again for xmms to start. any ideas how to automate this?

thanks!

jebba
PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 7:38 pm    Post subject: Re: auto-reconnect to an mp3 stream? Reply with quote

cfar893fm wrote:
does anyone know of an mp3 player that can be set to automatically reconnect to an mp3 stream if the connection cuts out? im using xmms to listen to an icecast2 stream on radio.blagblagblag.org, and i need it to stay connected 24/7, but occasionally the source (muse) gets disconnected. muse waits 10 minutes then reconnects, but someone has to click play again for xmms to start. any ideas how to automate this?

thanks!

Quick and dirty script (untested) with mplayer:

Code:
while true
do mplayer http://radio.blagblagblag.org:8000/foo.ogg
sleep 2
done

That will keep retrying every two seconds if the stream drops.

cfar893fm
PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks! i think that'll work...
Page 1 of 1

Protected by Anti-Spam ACP