BLAG

BLAG Forums
It is currently Sun Dec 21, 2014 6:06 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: i am confused
PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 2:46 am 
Site Admin

where do we log all of these communications? There is a mailing list, forum and we.riseup.net, as well as irc. How does one keep on top of it all?

Also, can I ask if anyone is running a 64-bit version of BLAG? /Any/ version!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 2:55 am 

Yes, I am. BLAG 90001 x86_64. I installed it from a netinstall iso called alpha 90k and with the kimsufi repositories. And it run very well on an AMD Turion 64x2 (Dell Inspiron 1501 laptop).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 11:31 am 
Site Admin

Thanks for the reply. Although I don't have direct access to a 64-bit system the build process, (could be), the same.

Could you email me the results of these commands?

uname -a
yum list installed
yum avaliable
yum repolist
rpm -qa

jayeola \at\ g_ mail do t \c/o/m

Also do you have that iso image??? I will create an account on kimsufi for you so that you can upload it there.

Post subject: Re: i am confused
PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 2:39 pm 

john maclean wrote:
where do we log all of these communications? There is a mailing list, forum and we.riseup.net, as well as irc. How does one keep on top of it all?

IRC-Logs go to we.riseup.net atm, because this is a place where stuff can be kept private (or structurally be declared as being supposed to be non-public [maybe someone knows what i mean]).

Okay, to answer your question: Imho we can't really decide or determine which tools will turn out to be the most effectively used. While crabgrass (we.riseup.net) is a novelty it has been the predominant standpoint that it's best to stick with the communication infrastructure we already have and had in use: forums, ML, wiki, BZ.
Afaik MLs should be working again in the near future, perhaps m2f will be reimplemented. From my point of view the wiki was used in the past mainly out of lazyness to create webpages. We could improve on that.
Jebba used bugzilla as some kind of tasklist, we currently have crabgrass for that.
Imo crabgrass is a nice tool especially for the current situation to create a common space for all the people who are just starting to learn about making a distro and we will have to see if it can persist beside all the other tools which functionalities it's trying to keep under one single roof.
I personally would love to see (micro)blogging, too but again nothing will just appear out of nothing. Hope that a blog summarizing the discussions on IRC and decisions everywhere will help to keep up with all the communication spread out over different platforms.

Did this answer your question in any respect?