FAQ   Search   Memberlist  
Profile    Log in to check your private messages    Register    Log in
Two newbie question - hard drive format & minimum hardwa

View previous topic :: View next topic  
element
PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 3:27 pm    Post subject: Two newbie question - hard drive format & minimum hardwa Reply with quote

Hello,

I am somewhat of a Linux newbie. I have been using Zenwalk for a few months. I am looking to wipe it off of my hard drive and install BLAG. OK now for my questions. Will a Pentium 3, 1ghz, 256 ram, 10g hard drive run BLAG decently (I will be running Gnome) ? Will the installer reformat and clean everything off of my hard drive? Thank you for any responses.

Regards,
James

noldrin
PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In my opinion it will run decent. I have a Athlon 900, with 256 megs of ram, and it runs fast in my opinion. I used to run BLAG with a 4.5 gig drive.

If you select with the installer to clear away all Linux Partitions it sure will.

element
PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you! I am going to give it a try tonight (after I download the bit torrent image at work) :0) I had one more question if you would be obliged to answer me. Is there an official repository site that has all the available programs you can install?

Regards,
James T.

Junichirô
PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At this time BLAG is on a new way. Look here for the repositories:
http://forums.blagblagblag.org/viewtopic.php?t=4965

One post answer for yum and another for apt. If you are on x86_64 replace i386 by x86_64.

Page 1 of 1

Protected by Anti-Spam ACP