FAQ   Search   Memberlist  
Profile    Log in to check your private messages    Register    Log in
Non-free zd1211-firmware in BLAG 9K

View previous topic :: View next topic  
tch
PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 11:59 am    Post subject: Non-free zd1211-firmware in BLAG 9K Reply with quote

Hello,

During installation BLAG 9K offers a package zd1211-firmware, which although is licensed under the GNU GPL v2, actually doesn't come with real source-code. This firmware is also on the non-free firmware list on the fsf hardware webpages.

Regards

tch

r7
PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 6:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Non-free zd1211-firmware in BLAG 9K Reply with quote

tch wrote:
During installation BLAG 9K...

9k or 90k? 9k won't change: it's history. if it's 90k, please confirm the following [a url to it would be great]. we'll then file a package review ticket on trac.

Quote:
...offers a package zd1211-firmware, which although is licensed under the GNU GPL v2, actually doesn't come with real source-code.

a url for this would also be good:

Quote:
This firmware is also on the non-free firmware list on the fsf hardware webpages.

r7

tch
PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, it's the latest release available for download, so 90001. Sorry for the confusion. I would have posted url but couldn't, because I haven't had 3 posts yet.

The firmware is at http:[slashslash]sourceforge[dot]net[slash]project[slash]showfiles[dot]php?group_id=129083

The list of proprietary firmware that contains zd1211 is at www[dot]fsf[dot]org[slash]resources[slash]hw[slash]firmware.

Edited: fixed the link, should be good now.

r7
PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 7:18 pm    Post subject: notice of ticket Reply with quote

tch wrote:
Well, it's the latest release available for download, so 90001. Sorry for the confusion. I would have posted url but couldn't, because I haven't had 3 posts yet.

thank you. 'tis Trac ticket #38.

redroses
PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Ed for the uplifting comment. It is good to know that somehow I could be of help although the thread is way old.
tenpong
PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry for the late reply. I just don' visit on week-ends just too busy with house work. So here I am on Monday. Hey, that's nice of you. Thanks a lot!! Same to you . . .

Regards,

Page 1 of 1

Protected by Anti-Spam ACP