FAQ   Search   Memberlist  
Profile    Log in to check your private messages    Register    Log in
freeeee and wicd

View previous topic :: View next topic  
3l3vans
PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 7:23 am    Post subject: freeeee and wicd Reply with quote

so i really dig the freeeee. i found blag through dyne II (managed to get it working on my eeepc) but freeeee looks like so much more fun. i am haveing a problem with Wicd though.
1. i am using a Netgear WPN824 router. my comp is an eeepc900sd.
when i attempt to connect to my WEP network, it just says "connecting" and the little indicator goes back and forth and no matter what button i push on the GUI it stays in this state. is anyone else having this problem?

2. i am not a hacker (yet) but i am capable of some command line. can i just use a terminal and skip wicd? if i could do that i could figure out how to make a script for it at boot (i HAVE done that before in dyne) if so could someone give me a few pointers? i have been trying my best with the little knowledge i have. when i iwconfig i can see my card with the correct essid and key. but for some reason i can't ping the router. and if at any time i "ifup wlan0" it removes my essid and key. any suggestind or links would be appreciated.

jebba
PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No WEP for FREEEEE, sorry. You'll have to do a plaintext/clear network. FREEEEE isn't maintained anymore either, sorry for that too. ;) That said, I am still using it on one machine....
3l3vans
PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 4:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ACTUALLY...i got it to work!

its just a little hairy...

for open networks i use WICD. for WEP i used system-config-network (type that in a root terminal) and a gui pops up and its pretty easy to use.

its sad to hear youŕe not doing freeeee aymore. 900ś are about to become obsolete to windblows. and i can believe how much performance this OS gets out of this little machine!

i am teaching myself C and i start school in august. who knows maybe i will pick up the torch someday, i am sure i will have to come up with some projects!

is blag as badass on the 900 as freeeee?

jebba
PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

freeeee is basically blag transformed for eee. Much better than straight blag on there.

You could add this to your ~/.config/openbox/autostart.sh to have the network manager applet come up:
nm-applet

Have fun,

-Jeff

Page 1 of 1

Protected by Anti-Spam ACP