FAQ   Search   Memberlist  
Profile    Log in to check your private messages    Register    Log in
Downloading GNASH (error)

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BLAG Forum Index -> support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
jaffyworld
PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 11:43 pm    Post subject: Downloading GNASH (error) Reply with quote

When I tried to download GNASH on my terminal I got the following error:
Code:
[jessefrantz@localhost ~]$ rpm -i Downloads/gnash-0.8.2-1.el5.rf.i386.rpm
warning: Downloads/gnash-0.8.2-1.el5.rf.i386.rpm: Header V3 DSA signature: NOKEY, key ID 6b8d79e6
error: Failed dependencies:
   libagg.so.2 is needed by gnash-0.8.2-1.el5.rf.i386
   libboost_date_time.so.2 is needed by gnash-0.8.2-1.el5.rf.i386
   libboost_thread.so.2 is needed by gnash-0.8.2-1.el5.rf.i386
   libcurl.so.3 is needed by gnash-0.8.2-1.el5.rf.i386
   libkdeui.so.4 is needed by gnash-0.8.2-1.el5.rf.i386
   libqt-mt.so.3 is needed by gnash-0.8.2-1.el5.rf.i386
[jessefrantz@localhost ~]$

Junichirô
PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Better: download gnash-0.8.5-3.fc9.i386.rpm and gnash-plugin-0.8.5-3.fc9.i386.rpm here: http://fedora.univ-nantes.fr/fedora.redhat.com/fedora/linux/updates/9/i386.newkey/ and install them with:
Code:
su rpm -i name_of_the_package

jaffyworld
PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 2:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Junichirô wrote:
Better: download gnash-0.8.5-3.fc9.i386.rpm and gnash-plugin-0.8.5-3.fc9.i386.rpm here: http://fedora.univ-nantes.fr/fedora.redhat.com/fedora/linux/updates/9/i386.newkey/ and install them with:
Code:
su rpm -i name_of_the_package


still says,

Code:
[root@localhost jessefrantz]# rpm -i Downloads/gnash-0.8.5-3.fc9.i386.rpm
warning: Downloads/gnash-0.8.5-3.fc9.i386.rpm: Header V3 DSA signature: NOKEY, key ID 6df2196f
error: Failed dependencies:
   libagg.so.2 is needed by gnash-0.8.5-3.fc9.i386
   libboost_date_time-mt.so.3 is needed by gnash-0.8.5-3.fc9.i386
   libboost_thread-mt.so.3 is needed by gnash-0.8.5-3.fc9.i386

Junichirô
PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 4:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you modify the blag repo? and run:
Code:
su
yum clean all
yum makecache
yum update


I removed gnash and gnash-plugin and installed it again without any problem!

jaffyworld
PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 2:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Junichirô wrote:
Do you modify the blag repo? and run:
Code:
su
yum clean all
yum makecache
yum update


I removed gnash and gnash-plugin and installed it again without any problem!



No but I no longer need GNASH, I figured out how to install flash and it is running fine. Thanks for all the help you've given me though and not just on this post you're a very helpful person :P

vx
PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jaffyworld wrote:

No but I no longer need GNASH, I figured out how to install flash and it is running fine.


but... blag with flash is nothing good for your ecosystem :) a private plugin inside a free system sounds really weird... instead of gnash, you can also use swfdec from repos where there's plugins for browser and for gnome


_________________
/'0'\
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BLAG Forum Index -> support
Page 1 of 1

Protected by Anti-Spam ACP