FAQ   Search   Memberlist  
Profile    Log in to check your private messages    Register    Log in
Where can you contribute in the next release of BLAG?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
patrickm
PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 5:44 am    Post subject: Re: Meeting Time for Saturday Reply with quote

tearms wrote:
The meeting time for Saturday would be 2pm UTC-0 to stay with the standard time on Saturday. Let's leave it open for discussion just in case that's not the best for everyone.

Although I'd prefer a meeting at the end of the afternoon (something around 17:00 / 5pm), I will try to be around.

During IRC yesterday you talked about a committee that would focus on communication. That would be a nice addition.

bla
PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 2:03 am    Post subject: Re: Meeting Time for Saturday Reply with quote

My schedule is open, so what do others think?

patrickm wrote:
tearms wrote:
The meeting time for Saturday would be 2pm UTC-0 to stay with the standard time on Saturday. Let's leave it open for discussion just in case that's not the best for everyone.

Although I'd prefer a meeting at the end of the afternoon (something around 17:00 / 5pm), I will try to be around.

During IRC yesterday you talked about a committee that would focus on communication. That would be a nice addition.

Koko_the_crazy_koala
PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For me, it would be more in the morning at GMT+1. Or after 11pm

But on Saturday, I never have a fix schedule and it can change. So I think I'll transmit someone what I have to say.

bla
PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 12:04 pm    Post subject: Let's let the discussion be here at people'e convenience Reply with quote

I realized that by the postings here and those on the mailing list the discussion should just take place here. I love IRC because of its synchronous ability to have a real conversation(which can lead into multiple conversations about other topics of interest), but the asynchronous benefits of the forum, is that people can use it at their convenience.

I'll also begin posting more here in order to reflect discussions on IRC that may not be reflected here that I think will be of interest to many others who do not necessarily have the inclination to come on. If you're not one to want to configure a client like IRC, irssi, or even pidgin, there is always the web based client available at: https://chat.indymedia.org/. Under extra channels add #blag and uncheck #indymedia where the channels are listed below and you're there.

I'll start the discussion by saying that on Wednesday, patrickm and I begin a good discussion about ways of promoting BLAG.

But before I continue on that route junichiro(zenblagger) re-affirmed that our focus is on a final release and that is our priority among ALL things today, tomorrow and until BLAG 120k is released.

Somehow weather it is on the forums, on the mailing list and even here, a discussion around our infrastructure and online presence comes about and thinking about how we promote BLAG as we come towards a new release goes beyond just the CD.

jisis pointed out that our wiki is need of change and I agree that it should be parallel to the work we are doing on the next release, as we need not only to document the history of what has been done, but presently what is being done in order for to build for the future. Pablo, recently sent a message to the mailing list offering help and looking to have a regionalized version of BLAG. I think ths is great and this brings up many other discussions about translations, internalization and language support, which I think is becoming more important as a few individuals have addressed this interest. Please. Please. Please, provide your feedback about this topic. kickstarts are available where people can begin understanding how the creation of the LiveCD works and I am willing to open a thread on how I undertook doing that because it needs to be documented here. Thank You Pablo.

In any case, the next release and developing good documentation is a priority. I believe naturally as we work on these things promoting BLAG will fall into place. Now, the committees on riseup have all been created. Some committees already have task and if we need to add more, it can be done with two clicks and the shake of a lambs tail. I specifically added a communicators group in order to promotion and that came about upon the suggestion of patrickm, my own need to believe that we need a group of individuals not only responsible for addressing how we can better communicate within BLAG, but also publicly.

So, in terms of promotion, it is really about defining how we better communicate among ourselves and how effectively we are able to do so to others within the GNU/Linux community and those who are not. Much of what that means to me I guess is really being able to articulate the values of software freedom to individuals who are not familiar with that idea. I'll leave it at that as to not make this my personal rant. This is a good short start, so please bring your thoughts here.

Koko_the_crazy_koala
PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that I'll "abandon" Blag until June. I've got a lot of stuff to do, lots of projects, and don't have time for Blag. Too many things to think about, and making crap with the rest of my work.

I lack of organization, and can't manage my work and Blag at the same time. Today, I suppressed some very important documents without thinking about making a copy. I simply forgot to do it and it was a pain in the ass to recover them.

It's probably my fault, but as getting organized takes much longer than putting aside my other and non-compulsory projects, I chose to put aside Blag development.

So, I'll probably be sometimes on the IRC, maybe on the forums too, but I won't be operative before the begining of June.

bla
PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Koko, I am sorry to hear that. Thank you for taking the time to let us know and bringing what you have up to his point. It's been great talking with you on IRC and your feedback on the forum has been invaluable. Prioritize your the time and get the work you need to get done.

Koko_the_crazy_koala wrote:
I think that I'll "abandon" Blag until June. I've got a lot of stuff to do, lots of projects, and don't have time for Blag. Too many things to think about, and making crap with the rest of my work.

I lack of organization, and can't manage my work and Blag at the same time. Today, I suppressed some very important documents without thinking about making a copy. I simply forgot to do it and it was a pain in the ass to recover them.

It's probably my fault, but as getting organized takes much longer than putting aside my other and non-compulsory projects, I chose to put aside Blag development.

So, I'll probably be sometimes on the IRC, maybe on the forums too, but I won't be operative before the begining of June.

satrionics
PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi people. id like to contribute to blag any way i can. i can do graphics, sounds, html, testing, documentation, amongst other things. if there is anything you need help with just ask. i will usually be in the irc channel but you can send me a message on here too. :)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BLAG Forum Index -> open discussion Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Protected by Anti-Spam ACP