BLAG

BLAG Forums
It is currently Thu Dec 18, 2014 2:42 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 6:35 pm 
I am posting this as a call for artist within the community to begin discussing the artwork for the the next release. What comes to mine at first are desktop themes, background images, but it should not be limited to this because, we're going to need a variety of media for different components of the distro including images during start up, splash screen for grub perhaps and the installation screen if we will be using the live cd. I am a photographer at heart and I intend to go on a photo shoot in my area to add some background images. i had an idea if other artist could submit similar media dealing with their environment we could have a set of themes that focus on the blaggers environment or focus on a specific topic, perhaps environmental decay. as always, post your ideas and when you have a body of work to submit post a link for feedback.

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 5:51 pm 
Good Day All,

I have uploaded some images of artwork that I would like to be considered for inclusion in 120k to riseup(https://we.riseup.net/blag+artist). These images might be good for the login screen or a general purpose wall paper. In any case,please take a look and leave your comments. For the present, you will need to create an account on riseup to see the images, but I will work on making them publicly viewable. Please feel free to upload your work as well if you have some to contribute.

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 7:04 pm 

tearms wrote:
For the present, you will need to create an account on riseup to see the images, but I will work on making them publicly viewable.

Although I have an account on riseup, I can't see the images.
Perhaps because I am not a member of the artist committee ??

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 7:48 pm 

Too cool for me. I prefer a black star on a red flag (or red background) with: FUCK THE SYSTEM!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 12:04 am 

I really like these! Still use jebbas beach photo on the desktop from time to time, and these have a similar blag feel to them. Been meaning to contribute some graphics of my own, will remember to kick myself behind and get it done;-)

robert

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 12:44 am 

What do you think about my desktop?
http://www.zenblagger.org/images/Juni_desktop.png

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 2:50 am 
I've made the committee public without membership and am unsure as to why it does not make the committee viewable. I'll keep looking into it.

patrickm wrote:
tearms wrote:
For the present, you will need to create an account on riseup to see the images, but I will work on making them publicly viewable.

Although I have an account on riseup, I can't see the images.
Perhaps because I am not a member of the artist committee ??

I think it would make a good edition to our background desktops. Can you add the image to riseup.

Junichirô wrote:
What do you think about my desktop?
http://www.zenblagger.org/images/Juni_desktop.png

If each member contributes at least one image, I believe that will give a good selection from which we can choose what image would be good for each purpose. Remember, we need images for the installer, desktop, login among other things, so I think there are plenty of opportunities to use the artwork. I think we must use it effectively in order for it to come together.

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 5:59 am 

I've looked at the pictures and I they are nice!

tearms wrote:
If each member contributes at least one image, I believe that will give a good selection from which we can choose what image would be good for each purpose.

Good idea. Not only because it would increase the "community" feeling (which important for the growth of Blag), but also because that way there is always something for everyone.

I will have a look to pictures I took myself for some nice additions.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 4:42 pm 

I don't know where to post this message, but here seems to be a good compromise.

I was thinking about something : we should change the theme of BLAG. Maybe not the icons, but the general look. According to non linux users, fedora looks much cooler than Blag. And the windows theme looks so old...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 10:23 pm 

Koko_the_crazy_koala wrote:
... we should change the theme of BLAG. Maybe not the icons, but the general look. According to non linux users, fedora looks much cooler than Blag.

I agree on this point, the default Fedora theme from F12 does look nice. It is cool because it doesn't stand out like the 90k theme did. Not that the Blag theme was bad, far from it. It was just ... you couldn't miss it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 8:03 am 

As for adding artwork, what kind of theme(s) do we have in mind? Or do we collect what we can and make a selection from that?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 10:12 pm 

Initially, I would suggest collecting as many ideas and contributions as possible. At the same time, we need to get as much as possible ready for the release of 120k. Lets work together, and see what the next week or so brings, then decide. I'd like to see several theme options for blag (light, dark, colour, monochrome, etc), and at least one that builds on blag canyon/really little guys. I feel that the next default theme should (at least for 120k) have some connection with past blag artwork in colour and/or style, without mimicking. What I would really like to see, is strong and unique artwork being a significant factor in getting blags identity across to new users.

robert

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 10:13 pm 

And I insist we keep the black star as default blag logo.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 10:34 pm 

zenblagger wrote:
And I insist we keep the black star as default blag logo.

I insist on that, too:-)
To me, blags political roots are as important as any other side of the project, and still a main reason why I run it. Politics might not be as evident as before, but it is one of the foundations of blag that sets it apart from other projects.

robert

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 1:18 am 

tearms wrote:
I am posting this as a call for artist within the community to begin discussing the artwork for the the next release. What comes to mine at first are desktop themes, background images, but it should not be limited to this because, we're going to need a variety of media for different components of the distro including images during start up, splash screen for grub perhaps and the installation screen if we will be using the live cd. I am a photographer at heart and I intend to go on a photo shoot in my area to add some background images. i had an idea if other artist could submit similar media dealing with their environment we could have a set of themes that focus on the blaggers environment or focus on a specific topic, perhaps environmental decay. as always, post your ideas and when you have a body of work to submit post a link for feedback.

I remember the Industrial mauve colour Icons used in previous Blag Releases, I liked that main colour scheme.