BLAG

BLAG Forums
It is currently Thu Dec 18, 2014 2:42 am

All times are UTC




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 6:35 pm 
I am posting this as a call for artist within the community to begin discussing the artwork for the the next release. What comes to mine at first are desktop themes, background images, but it should not be limited to this because, we're going to need a variety of media for different components of the distro including images during start up, splash screen for grub perhaps and the installation screen if we will be using the live cd. I am a photographer at heart and I intend to go on a photo shoot in my area to add some background images. i had an idea if other artist could submit similar media dealing with their environment we could have a set of themes that focus on the blaggers environment or focus on a specific topic, perhaps environmental decay. as always, post your ideas and when you have a body of work to submit post a link for feedback.


Top
  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 5:51 pm 
Good Day All,

I have uploaded some images of artwork that I would like to be considered for inclusion in 120k to riseup(https://we.riseup.net/blag+artist). These images might be good for the login screen or a general purpose wall paper. In any case,please take a look and leave your comments. For the present, you will need to create an account on riseup to see the images, but I will work on making them publicly viewable. Please feel free to upload your work as well if you have some to contribute.


Top
  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 7:04 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Apr 28, 2010 5:58 am
Posts: 59
tearms wrote:
For the present, you will need to create an account on riseup to see the images, but I will work on making them publicly viewable.

Although I have an account on riseup, I can't see the images.
Perhaps because I am not a member of the artist committee ??


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 7:48 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2008 1:45 am
Posts: 550
Location: Guadeloupe (French W. Indies)
Too cool for me. I prefer a black star on a red flag (or red background) with: FUCK THE SYSTEM!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 12:04 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2008 4:16 pm
Posts: 84
I really like these! Still use jebbas beach photo on the desktop from time to time, and these have a similar blag feel to them. Been meaning to contribute some graphics of my own, will remember to kick myself behind and get it done;-)

robert


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 12:44 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2008 1:45 am
Posts: 550
Location: Guadeloupe (French W. Indies)
What do you think about my desktop?
http://www.zenblagger.org/images/Juni_desktop.png


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 2:50 am 
I've made the committee public without membership and am unsure as to why it does not make the committee viewable. I'll keep looking into it.

patrickm wrote:
tearms wrote:
For the present, you will need to create an account on riseup to see the images, but I will work on making them publicly viewable.

Although I have an account on riseup, I can't see the images.
Perhaps because I am not a member of the artist committee ??


I think it would make a good edition to our background desktops. Can you add the image to riseup.

Junichirô wrote:
What do you think about my desktop?
http://www.zenblagger.org/images/Juni_desktop.png


If each member contributes at least one image, I believe that will give a good selection from which we can choose what image would be good for each purpose. Remember, we need images for the installer, desktop, login among other things, so I think there are plenty of opportunities to use the artwork. I think we must use it effectively in order for it to come together.


Top
  
 
PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 5:59 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Apr 28, 2010 5:58 am
Posts: 59
I've looked at the pictures and I they are nice!

tearms wrote:
If each member contributes at least one image, I believe that will give a good selection from which we can choose what image would be good for each purpose.

Good idea. Not only because it would increase the "community" feeling (which important for the growth of Blag), but also because that way there is always something for everyone.

I will have a look to pictures I took myself for some nice additions.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 4:42 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Feb 03, 2010 8:54 pm
Posts: 58
I don't know where to post this message, but here seems to be a good compromise.

I was thinking about something : we should change the theme of BLAG. Maybe not the icons, but the general look. According to non linux users, fedora looks much cooler than Blag. And the windows theme looks so old...


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 10:23 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Apr 28, 2010 5:58 am
Posts: 59
Koko_the_crazy_koala wrote:
... we should change the theme of BLAG. Maybe not the icons, but the general look. According to non linux users, fedora looks much cooler than Blag.

I agree on this point, the default Fedora theme from F12 does look nice. It is cool because it doesn't stand out like the 90k theme did. Not that the Blag theme was bad, far from it. It was just ... you couldn't miss it.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 8:03 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Apr 28, 2010 5:58 am
Posts: 59
As for adding artwork, what kind of theme(s) do we have in mind? Or do we collect what we can and make a selection from that?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 10:12 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2008 4:16 pm
Posts: 84
Initially, I would suggest collecting as many ideas and contributions as possible. At the same time, we need to get as much as possible ready for the release of 120k. Lets work together, and see what the next week or so brings, then decide. I'd like to see several theme options for blag (light, dark, colour, monochrome, etc), and at least one that builds on blag canyon/really little guys. I feel that the next default theme should (at least for 120k) have some connection with past blag artwork in colour and/or style, without mimicking. What I would really like to see, is strong and unique artwork being a significant factor in getting blags identity across to new users.

robert


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 10:13 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2008 1:45 am
Posts: 550
Location: Guadeloupe (French W. Indies)
And I insist we keep the black star as default blag logo.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 10:34 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2008 4:16 pm
Posts: 84
zenblagger wrote:
And I insist we keep the black star as default blag logo.


I insist on that, too:-)
To me, blags political roots are as important as any other side of the project, and still a main reason why I run it. Politics might not be as evident as before, but it is one of the foundations of blag that sets it apart from other projects.

robert


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 1:18 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 28, 2005 3:59 am
Posts: 25
Location: Gatineau,Quebec, Canada
tearms wrote:
I am posting this as a call for artist within the community to begin discussing the artwork for the the next release. What comes to mine at first are desktop themes, background images, but it should not be limited to this because, we're going to need a variety of media for different components of the distro including images during start up, splash screen for grub perhaps and the installation screen if we will be using the live cd. I am a photographer at heart and I intend to go on a photo shoot in my area to add some background images. i had an idea if other artist could submit similar media dealing with their environment we could have a set of themes that focus on the blaggers environment or focus on a specific topic, perhaps environmental decay. as always, post your ideas and when you have a body of work to submit post a link for feedback.


I remember the Industrial mauve colour Icons used in previous Blag Releases, I liked that main colour scheme.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group