FAQ   Search   Memberlist  
Profile    Log in to check your private messages    Register    Log in
BLAG 90k. New repository.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Junichirô
PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 8:39 pm    Post subject: BLAG 90k. New repository. Reply with quote

Now, you can run Blag with the repository from FSF servers. To do it just modify the /etc/yum.repos.d/blag.repo file with:
Code:
[blag]
name=BLAG
baseurl=ftp://blag.fsf.org/90000/en/os/i386/BLAG/
enabled=1
gpgcheck=0

Then run:
Code:
#yum clean all
#yum makecache

If you want some GUI to run packages installation:
Code:
#yum install gnome-packagekit

There is a possibility to update your Blag with all the updates of fedora 9; but I can't recommend it because it'll install a Firefox version non-free.
If some want I'll put the howto in the non-free Thread. But before you have to update with blag repo.

PS: Of course 64bits users have to replace i386 by x86_64.

Saint of Killers
PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 3:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool! So I can reinstall Blag on a box again, and actually have apps to add? Sweeeet! :)
vx
PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 5:25 am    Post subject: Re: BLAG 90k. New repository. Reply with quote

Junichirô wrote:
Now, you can run Blag with the repository from FSF servers. To do it just modify the /etc/yum.repos.d/blag.repo file with:
Code:
[blag]
name=BLAG
baseurl=ftp://blag.fsf.org/90000/en/os/i386/BLAG/
enabled=1
gpgcheck=0

tnx, great news!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

x86_64 netinstall works but you'll have to add a repo when installing because of FSF servers in USA. So libdvdcss is forbidden but is in default packages installation.
So you add the livna repo: http://rpm.livna.org/repo/9/x86_64/ (During the installation program you can add repositories) and all should go right. I just installed it.
Same thing if you try a i386 netinstall, I think.
Remember you can install the last linux-libre for Fedora 9 from the FSFLA here: http://www.fsfla.org/download/linux-libre/freed-ora/F-9/
First install the firmware package which is noarch.

Page 1 of 1

Protected by Anti-Spam ACP