FAQ   Search   Memberlist  
Profile    Log in to check your private messages    Register    Log in
hello everyone (new here)
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
marcus777
PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 1:45 pm    Post subject: hello everyone (new here) Reply with quote

Greetings,
Its good to be on the forum, thanks Paul, and I'm looking forward to getting to know some of you through the blag venue.
I have been using blag for some short time, and have found that I really like it--- becoming my new favorite.
I am wondering if there is a new core group forming up to move the distro forward. I would like to help with that in some way (names in the hat).
Have a great day folks.

kind regards,
marcus777

omouse
PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 3:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right now there's a small core group that's pushing ahead with releases of BLAG. I can't name names because I forget them, but you can check out the announcements to follow the development of BLAG.

Easiest way to help is to report bugs in any packages in the BLAG repos. You could also see if there are new patches for some of the software or newer versions that could be put in the repo as well. You can also suggest packages to include in the next version of BLAG.

A little bit harder task is working on the wiki. This is harder because BLAG is based on Fedora and most of the Fedora wiki will cover what you want to do in BLAG. So you have to dig deeper and see what's different about BLAG that requires explanation. You could write instructions for setting up a BLAG server or using BLAG in a school classroom or whatever.

You could design a theme for the forum, the wiki and the website? They haven't changed their appearance for a while and a new theme may make the information more accessible to users?

Those are just some ideas

marshallng
PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 8:01 am    Post subject: Re: hello everyone (new here) Reply with quote

marcus777 wrote:
Greetings,
Its good to be on the forum, thanks Paul, and I'm looking forward to getting to know some of you through the blag venue.
I have been using blag for some short time, and have found that I really like it--- becoming my new favorite.
I am wondering if there is a new core group forming up to move the distro forward. I would like to help with that in some way (names in the hat).
Have a great day folks.

kind regards,
marcus777

Hi marcus777,

Nice to meet you. I am marshall from Canada. I have been using blag for a short while now. Glad to meet like-minded people here. :)

Thanks.
marshall

Last edited by marshallng on Mon May 09, 2011 2:40 pm; edited 2 times in total

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 3:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey all, I am also new to blag. It is really good to be here.
davestack
PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A friend recommended blag. I have 0 idea about blag but I look forward to getting some great benefits from this distro.
jwb818
PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hello everyone...my name is Jon and I am happy to be on this forum and I look forward to sharing information and meeting new people.
omouse
PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 3:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everyone! Get on the mailing list and get on to the IRC channel. There's a channel set up on indymedia.org
drizzle123
PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi everybody..

Im also new here.. :)

I hope i can be of help to some of you.

kurczaczek
PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 6:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all. It is my pleasure to welcome you to this great community. I can not wait to learn and interact with like minded people.

Last edited by kurczaczek on Sat May 26, 2012 4:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
raulf145
PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi All .This is Raulf and pleasure to meet you all in this forum!
richnicol
PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 5:10 pm    Post subject: Hello :) Reply with quote

Its a pleasure to finally sign up and start interacting with people who have similar interests like myself. Looking forward to contributing in a big way.
smokelesscigarettes
PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm new here too. Happy to have you guys changing ideas and knowledges. Hope I can help some discussions here. :)
Julio_Leon
PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Smoke! :) Hello to everyone! Hope to get well with you all!
raff50
PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers and aloha from Hawaii! Being new here I just want to say hello and mahalo for having an active blag forum. Looking forward to the exchange of ideas!
~Raff Richards

emaus
PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hello everyone.I'm newbie here.need to find some usefull things here
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BLAG Forum Index -> open discussion Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Protected by Anti-Spam ACP