BLAG

BLAG Forums
It is currently Sun Dec 21, 2014 10:03 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Dial up modem drivers
PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 2:34 pm 

Does blag have modem drivers and if not why not. This has been a curse of linux for a long time. I believe that many distros wont include them because they just because they arnt gpl that is you cant alter them in any way, but i am wondering how or if that is really a problem as long as they work properly and i also wonder why no one can be bothered to write them especially as much of the world simply has no other alternative.
I mean seriously A chipset maker isnt going to sue anyone for making their products more usable to a wider audience (and potentially increase their sales) and risk bad publicity at the same time.
Even if it was the case and some one was so stupid as to try then all the linux comunity needs to do is get the media on their side and make sure that they recieve lots of bad publicity. This shouldnt be too difficult considering that many of these media empires are paying a fortune to microsoft for all the computers that they use and and all the marxist elements among them.
If microsoft are paying the chip makers to do all this to keep people paying for their garbage then they might like to consider the awareness of linux that such a court case may bring

Remember: If the linux comunity wins we win, if we loose that could be better still in the long run as it can be used to raise awareness and disdain over proprietry hardware etc

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 8:16 pm 

Blag uses only free-software. So if the drivers/firmwares are free, they are on the repo and can be load by the kernel linux-libre.