BLAG

BLAG Forums
It is currently Thu Dec 18, 2014 11:49 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Problems with the wiki?
PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 5:06 pm 

Is it just me or is there a problem using the wiki (blag.wiki.aktivix... [I'm not yet trusted with posting links]) via HTTPS? I can load it via HTTP but when I go for HTTPS all I get is a blank page.

I remember having problems before the weekend and then Saturday (or Sunday) it worked like a charm and now its all blank again. Is there something I'm missing? It seems to be hardware and OS independent as far as I can see since ... so it's either the server or the user ...

... and if it's me, I'd like to know what I'm doing wrong (and if it's not me, I'd like to help fix the problem if I can since the link from blagblagblag... [still can't post links] then leaves new users with a blank page when they head over for the documentation).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 8:50 pm 

No! It's not you or your web-browser.; it seems it comes from the wiki or aktivix server.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 9:51 am 

OK.

Looking at the traffic when communicating (now the same things happens when I use HTTP - no Secure) the server really don't look all that happy about communicating via HTTP at all.

Code:
Me -> Server TCP SYN
Server -> Me TCP SYN/ACK
Me -> Server TCP ACK  <!-- (all is well so far) -->

Me -> Server HTTP GET /Main_Page HTTP/1.1
Server -> Me TCP ACK
Server -> Me TCP FIN

So it's not sending me anything and then it breaks the connection.

HTTPS is a bit trickier but I guess more or less the same thing happens. We (Me and the Server) starts by setting up a session, exchanging keys and all that "boring" stuff. And then:

Code:
Me -> Server TCLv1 Application Data (http)
Server -> Me TCP ACK
Server -> Me TCP FIN/ACK <!-- That's right - same pattern as with HTTP) -->

And then there is an encrypted exchange between me and the server (or really, there's just one encrypted packet out of three):

Code:
Me -> Server TCP ACK
Me -> Server TSLv1 Encrypted Alert
Me -> Server TCP FIN/ACK

And the the server send me a couple of RST. I can't see what kind of alert I get since it's encrypted but I don't really think it matters since we can see the same pattern when using HTTP.

But then again ... I'm just guessing since I'm not really that skilled in HTTP/TSL or the ways of Apache2. Are there any contacts at Aktivix who can look at the looks or something like that? I'm pretty new here ("Hi all!") so I'm not sure I'm the right person but I find the blank wiki kind of annoying and I'm willing to help. Just don't know how ...