FAQ   Search   Memberlist  
Profile    Log in to check your private messages    Register    Log in
VMware Tools and Blag160 Alpha

View previous topic :: View next topic  
bvamundsen
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 7:58 pm    Post subject: VMware Tools and Blag160 Alpha Reply with quote

Blag 160 alpha is a great new presentation. I'm running it under VMWare Player 3.5.1 on a WinXP MCE 2005. I like that the sound and mouse were integrated immediately. I'd love to see SMB implemented immediately for those who want to convert to BLAG and stuck in a windows home network. I'd also love to see GIMP, Scribus and GLOM or similiar database frontend added as standard applications for home users. Oh BTW love the XFCE menu versus GNOME.

OK now what I need help with. I updated to kernel-libre-3.1.9. I added all the requirements for VMWare-Tools install, ie gcc, make, perl, Kernel-libre-devel, kernel-libre-PAE-devel and Kernel-libre-headers. But I still can not get VMWare Tools to complete the configuration steps because it complians about the kernel-libre. Has anyone else been able to get VMWare Tools to install completely with Blag (any version) and the libre kernel pieces? Thanks in advance for the help.

Brian

Junichirô
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vmware is not free software. I don't think linux-libre will load modules vmware needs to work.
You may take a look there: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Tools/Virtualization
But remember blag is a 100% free distro!

Page 1 of 1

Protected by Anti-Spam ACP