FAQ   Search   Memberlist  
Profile    Log in to check your private messages    Register    Log in
Blag and the future.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
salparadise
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 12:34 pm    Post subject: Blag and the future. Reply with quote

Has any decision been reached on a direction for Blag?

Might I throw a few thoughts into the mix?

Change the code base from Fedora - it comes to end of life too soon.
Change to Slackware - SalixOS and Slackel both show that a decent desktop experience can be had more or less 'out of the box'. Slackware will be receiving updates far longer than Fedora will.

Revive the political angle - has there ever been a time more ripe for some sort of alternative to the banking thefts, unemployment, political ineptitude and general groveling around Corporations that is so much a part of this hideous culture we live in?

Any thoughts?

vladomiro
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

According to what I've heard the idea is to keep blag as a freedora distribution, it was the decision from the beginning. If it changes maybe the name should change too. But talking about principles is not easy when we don't see more people in the project, primary old members.
Junichirô
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Long time since I chatted with some guys on the IRC. So what can I do? Learning all the stuff about fedora etc. And do the job myself? If I was able to do it myself it would be done!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's admittedly very frustrating. I've been a BLAG user since version 69999, but the project has been on life support since Jebba left. Well-meaning BLAGgers have attempted to revive the project, but it's much more work than any one person can handle. My skillset is more along the line of System Administration, so the heavy lifting of building a distribution is beyond me. I've been an enthusiastic user and advocate in the past, but nowadays I'm using a lightweight Debian with a libre kernel. I wish I could be more encouraging.
tearms
PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 1:06 am    Post subject: Re: Blag and the future. Reply with quote

We are revisiting this discussion again. I will be posting information on the BLAG mailing list and also the forum within the next couple of days.
Page 1 of 1

Protected by Anti-Spam ACP