BLAG

BLAG Forums
It is currently Wed Dec 17, 2014 11:28 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 8:39 pm 

Hello: I've tried Blag 140k-x86_64, and as I find it useful and beautiful, I've installed the LiveCD Blag 140k-x86_64 on the hard disk. But afterwards, and at the first boot, and after the system loading's blue screen with the man and the stars...everything turns completely black : the keyboard doesn't work, nor the mouse.
Could anyone teach me what to do? My skills on computing are basic.
It's a x86_64 laptop. Thank you very much in advance.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 10:17 pm 

Did you try to reboot? I had some thing like that with a blag version (don't remember what) just after choosing login and password; then reboot and it worked.

But you've to know this release (140k) is old. Since there is no new release for know I may say to you to wait for fedora 18 (the beta runs fine) in a few day and install it. Then free it doing like that: http://www.fsfla.org/svnwiki/selibre/linux-libre/freed-ora. You'll install blag icons theme and then come back to help us to build a new release.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 12:28 am 

Hello, Junichirô, thank you for answering. Oh, I can't reboot, because I cannot login nor enter a password. I can't do anything.... black screen and no keyboard/mouse at all. I can only press the on/off button 5 seconds and restart the laptop again and again.
It's very interesting your link about FSF Latin America. I'll have to learn a lot.
It would be fantastic if I could help you with a new release, but I don't know much about computing. OK, I'll wait for Fedora 18. And I'll keep an eye on this forum, to help if necessary.
Greetings.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 12:34 am 

You may give a try with fedora 18 beta. I use it since a few weeks without any problem. It's a XFCE version, freed, and with blag icons theme. I know veganix uses a Mate desktop version. Mine: http://www.zenblagger.org/junichiro/Capture%20d%27%C3%A9cran%20-%2005012013%20-%2011:36:05.png
A new release should be like that.

PS: the f18 beta installer is a bit boring; so if you're not an expert, I think it'll be better to wait for Tuesday (Fedora 18 release).