FAQ   Search   Memberlist  
Profile    Log in to check your private messages    Register    Log in
Blank screen after booting.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ioth
PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 10:34 pm    Post subject: Blank screen after booting. Reply with quote

Hi, I just recently downloaded blag 140k and I tried to boot it from a cd. I get to a loading screen, and after that it's jut a blank screen. The disc seems to keep trying to load something though, so I don't know what's going on. Anyone have any idea? Do you think it's a problem with my disc?
Junichirô
PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try to remove rhgb at kernel boot; so you'll see what is going wrong. What's your graphic card? Do you have tried you box with another GNU/Linux distro?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Junichirô wrote:
Try to remove rhgb at kernel boot; so you'll see what is going wrong. What's your graphic card? Do you have tried you box with another GNU/Linux distro?

I'm running it on my laptop. It's Intel HD Graphics.

I've never actually done this before so I have no idea what I'm doing.

I have no idea how to remove rhgb at kernel boot.

Junichirô
PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At boot you'll see something like default, etc... and lines saying if you want to edit write "e". Enter "e"; then with up and down go to the line with "rhgb" and remove it with back key.
But you know blag is not very active these days and 140k is a bit old. I use a fedora 17 totally free with blag icons theme for know. Dual boot with debian testing. Don't know if there is a future for blag at this time.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Junichirô wrote:
At boot you'll see something like default, etc... and lines saying if you want to edit write "e". Enter "e"; then with up and down go to the line with "rhgb" and remove it with back key.
But you know blag is not very active these days and 140k is a bit old. I use a fedora 17 totally free with blag icons theme for know. Dual boot with debian testing. Don't know if there is a future for blag at this time.

That shows up when you boot blag? I haven't seen it, is it on the boot menu? That's F6 right?

In any case, maybe you're right. Should I just switch over to fedora instead or are there any other distros that might be worth checking out?

Junichirô
PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blag 140k is fedora 14 based.
You may try this alpha if you want: ftp://blag.fsf.org/160000/en/iso/
Works too on all my four boxes.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Junichirô wrote:
Blag 140k is fedora 14 based.

Alright, I might have to try that out then.

Also I did what you said with the rhgb and I guess it's working now.

Thanks for the help, I really appreciate it.

Junichirô
PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm on blag IRC channel if you want: irc.indymedia.org Channel #blag

Page 1 of 1

Protected by Anti-Spam ACP