Product : Fedora Core 2
Name : vim
Version : 6.3.054
Release : 0.fc2.1
Summary : The VIM editor.
VIM (VIsual editor iMproved) is an updated and improved version of the
vi editor. Vi was the first real screen-based editor for UNIX, and is
still very popular. VIM improves on vi by adding new features:
multiple windows, multi-level undo, block highlighting and more.
These packages fix a lot of minor issues and update vim to version 6.3 with
the latest patch level currently available.
Ciaran McCreesh discovered a modeline vulnerability in VIM. It is possible
that a malicious user could create a file containing a specially crafted
modeline which could cause arbitrary command execution when viewed by a
victim. Please note that this issue only affects users who have modelines
and filetype plugins enabled, which is not the default. The Common
Vulnerabilities and Exposures project has assigned the name CAN-2004-1138
to this issue.
Javier Fernández-Sanguino Peña discovered insecure usage of temporary files
in two scripts shipped with vim. It is possible that a malicious user could
guess the names of the temporary files and start a symlink attack.
* Tue Jan 11 2005 Karsten Hopp 6.3.054-0.fc2.1
- patchlevel 54
- fix usage of temporary files (#144698)
* Tue Dec 14 2004 Karsten Hopp 6.3.046-0.fc3.1
- patchlevel 46 (#142446) CAN-2004-1138
* Tue Oct 19 2004 Karsten Hopp 6.3.030-3
- fix dependencies on vim-common (#132371)
* Mon Oct 11 2004 Karsten Hopp 6.3.030-2
- add cscope to vimrc so that cscope DB will be used
automatically when available