Product : Fedora Core 3
Name : kernel-utils
Version : 2.4
Release : 13.1.49_FC3
Summary : Kernel and Hardware related utilities
kernel-utils contains several utilities that can be used to control
the kernel or your machines hardware. Included are
* cpuspeed - dynamically change the speed of CPUs (if CPU is capable)
* dmidecode - gives information about the bios and motherboard revisions
* irqbalance - Evenly distribute interrupt load across CPUs.
* microcode_ctl - updates the microcode on Intel cpus
* rng-tools - Hardware random number generation tools.
* smartctl - monitor the health of your disks
* Tue Jan 18 2005 Dave Jones
- Update microcode_ctl to 1.11
* Sun Nov 28 2004 Dave Jones
- Don’t use binaries from /usr too early. (#102049)
- Fix bogus “” in microcode_ctl initscript. (#112014)
* Thu Nov 04 2004 Dave Jones
- Update irqbalance to 1.12 (#130625)
* Sat Oct 30 2004 Dave Jones
- Install irqbalance manpage. (#90023)
* Fri Oct 29 2004 Dave Jones
- Update irqbalanced (#137136)
- Don’t start microcode_ctl with -i any more
- Remove reference to IA32 in microcode startup,
as it works on EM64T now too.
- Update microcode_ctl to upstream 1.10 (#134017, #134018)
* Thu Oct 28 2004 Dave Jones
- Start irqbalanced on x86-64 too. (#137507)
- chkconfig -del readaheady early on uninstall.