FAQ   Search   Memberlist  
Profile    Log in to check your private messages    Register    Log in
java and 29k

View previous topic :: View next topic  
wabash
PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2005 10:28 pm    Post subject: java and 29k Reply with quote

Dist-upgraded from .00034 to .00037 and installed sun's jre 1.5.0 from sun's site. Manually installed the plugin for firefox, didn't work, removed it and tried again, nothing. Repeated a few times. Googled around and saw a suggestion to sym link in mozilla/plugins as well (the forum was talking about jre 1.4 but I figured I'd try it). After linking there, removing and reinstalling in firefox/plugins, it all works. I don't remember having to do all of that in 10k with jre 1.4.x, so I though I'd mention it. Anyone else have an easier time with java?

The firefox icon in .00034 was the moon graphic. In .00037 it's the mozilla dragon. I thought the picture of the firefox was standard now. Not a big deal unless users run both mozilla and firefox and have matching icons for them.

The new graphics in .00037 are really nice. The login screen is a bit dark, but that could be this 14 year old crt!

Runs great so far.

jebba
PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2005 10:52 pm    Post subject: Re: java and 29k Reply with quote

wabash wrote:
The firefox icon in .00034 was the moon graphic. In .00037 it's the mozilla dragon. I thought the picture of the firefox was standard now. Not a big deal unless users run both mozilla and firefox and have matching icons for them.

The new graphics in .00037 are really nice. The login screen is a bit dark, but that could be this 14 year old crt!

Runs great so far.

I'm not so sure about the java hoops you jumped through. It's running fine here. I do believe you need this on the system: xorg-x11-deprecated-libs, which wasn't in earlier 29ks.

The icons will all get sorted @ some point. A blag/firefox icon has been made.

The login screen is going to be changed too. I have one half-built. Expect it this week.

Glad it's running well. Nice here too. :)

-Jeff

TSS_Killer
PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2005 3:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The older java works on 29k for sure...its in the DAG repos

Java:

http://dag.wieers.com/packages/j2re/j2re-1.4.2-11.1.fc3.rf.i586.rpm

Mozilla Plugin:

http://dag.wieers.com/packages/j2re/mozilla-j2re-1.4.2-11.1.fc3.rf.i586.rpm

there you go

Page 1 of 1

Protected by Anti-Spam ACP