FAQ   Search   Memberlist  
Profile    Log in to check your private messages    Register    Log in
blag at distrowatch

View previous topic :: View next topic  
matti
PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 9:53 am    Post subject: blag at distrowatch Reply with quote

I was looking at http://distrowatch.com/table.php?distribution=blag noticed that there is no 30k alpha there. Is there a reason for this? It would be odd for a distro to have two alphas out at the same time, but still...
jebba
PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uh, I haven't sent announcements about the alpha release anywhere. :) I 'spose it should be updated there.
TSS_Killer
PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well technically we ceased any 19k alpha work...b/c it was too "alpha" for our standards

29k however is in FAR better shape than 19k will ever be (for one no winbloz xp dual boot problem), and it is just more faster and more stable. However we have decided a distrowatch update is not in order until we get a few more bugs fixed (ex. 9 and 10k upgrade problems). When we get those completed,we should have the distrowatch page updated.

Thank you for the feedback.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 2:34 am    Post subject: blag at distrowatch discovery Reply with quote

I just discovered blag at distrowatch today. I have been messing around with linux before kernel 1.0. I have been playing with various updated distros for a while trying to find one I liked that worked with my hardware. It turns out all I wanted an easy install media-ready linux that worked. I slapped on gcc4 and I am ready to go. You guys have it bagged (then am I blagged?). Thanks for all your effort.
Jason

Punching Judy
PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DistroWatch was how I came across Blag, too. Have to say, it's my favorite distro, and I've fucking tried them all. Mind you, Slackware comes in as a close second, but Blag, with its personality, wins me over.

And hell, extra points for having all the programs that I was going to end up installing anyway. :P

Page 1 of 1

Protected by Anti-Spam ACP