FAQ   Search   Memberlist  
Profile    Log in to check your private messages    Register    Log in
64 bit

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Curse
PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 12:19 pm    Post subject: 64 bit Reply with quote

I wouldn't mind helping in a blag 64bit. I would very much enjoy a 64bit blag.
TSS_Killer
PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 2:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I second to that opinion...and that response was too harsh imo...

In a nice way of words....we don't have enough 64-bit boxes to really test it on...and I will talk to stevo on that remark...as it stands right now that post will be deleted...because I feel that was too offending.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 2:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Curse: sorry i was a bit harsh, but none of us have any 64-bit boxes to test it on. I was attempting to get the point across.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 2:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

roger that, i was tryin to say that i wouldnt mind offering mine.
jebba
PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 2:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ya, 64bit blag would be very nice. FWIW, the current blag devel box /is/ 64bit, but just running 32bit right now. I got 64bit for possible futures.

But as it stands right now, I"m just trying to get 30k out the door. ;) It looks pretty decent, but there's still plenty in bugzilla....

One thing about 64bit is that it's mostly for really high-end stuff, when blag is targeted more at working with current and older machines. The advantages of 64bit are huge amounts of RAM & for some types of processing. As cool as it would be, I'd think a 64bit blag would have a pretty small userbase. I also get occassionally asked for PPCBLAG, and I did an alpha of it forever ago, but I doubt it will happen.

BTW, following fedora-devel, it's looking like FC4 may be a bit FC2-like. In other words, it's doing all sorts of new funky things and may not be so stable. /Lots/ of packages are being dropped and pushed to Fedora Extras and it will also (most likely) be built using GCC4, which isn't released yet. So in other words, it may not be the most stable. FYIFWIW. :)

-Jeff

Page 1 of 1

Protected by Anti-Spam ACP