FAQ   Search   Memberlist  
Profile    Log in to check your private messages    Register    Log in
pkglist.errata - Size mismatch

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ferrix
PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 2:54 am    Post subject: pkglist.errata - Size mismatch Reply with quote

Just to let you know when I try to run apt-get update on my newly-installed Blag30k beta, I get thismessage:

Failed to fetch http://www.blagblagblag.org/30000/i386/base/pkglist.errata Size mismatch
Reading Package Lists... Done
Building Dependency Tree... Done
E: Some index files failed to download, they have been ignored, or old ones used instead.

PS. I'm more familiar with Debian-like systems, so naturally I went for apt-get... or are you guys leaning more towards yum? In other words, would I be better off using yum?

jebba
PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 5:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The size mismatch error just means that the file is being regenerated while you downloaded it. This happens twice a day & takes about 10 minutes. I could do that a bit cleaner, mesuppose.... So just re-run it. It was running a bit slower today too, due to the massive number of downloads just coming from distrowatch (40Mbit+ !). Gotta set up bittorrent again, it looks like. ;)

I prefer apt. You can use which ever. This is the first release that was yum-enabled.

-Jeff

Page 1 of 1

Protected by Anti-Spam ACP