FAQ   Search   Memberlist  
Profile    Log in to check your private messages    Register    Log in
mixer device playing from multiple sources the same time

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ronald K
PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 8:24 pm    Post subject: mixer device playing from multiple sources the same time Reply with quote

I can only use one sound related application at the same time.

I have streamtuner open al day, If I want to watch a movie i need to close xmms first.

How do I solve that? :evil:

jebba
PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You should be able to do it if you are using the ALSA drivers. xmms /may/ default to OSS.
Ronald K
PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 9:39 pm    Post subject: it is on alsa Reply with quote

xmms is on alsa, If i start Xine on alsa it still gives me that the PCM is busy.

odd

jebba
PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try mplayer/xmms or mplayer/xine as a test.

Code:
mplayer -ao alsa (file)

should do it.

-Jeff

stevo32
PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, this seems to be normal on Linux. I found using SDL audio seems to make this happen an awful lot less.

Also, quick tip for 10K users:

If you want to use Mplayer without closing XMMS, let XMMS keep running until mplayers gets going. Yes, that's right, let it keep going or else mplayer will segfault. Very odd, but it works.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On 30k I found out if you put xmms to use oss,you can actually run other progs using alsa(idk,but it maybe its just my onboard sound). For example I can run xmms while i'm having a skype conversation with no prob at all.

Page 1 of 1

Protected by Anti-Spam ACP