FAQ   Search   Memberlist  
Profile    Log in to check your private messages    Register    Log in
Browser issues

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jason
PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2004 11:27 pm    Post subject: Browser issues Reply with quote

I am having a few browser issues right now that I hope you guys can hepp with. A while ago Mozilla decided to stop going to sites when I clicked on the link in the drop down address bar. It didn't bother me at first until I realised that the last site I went to wasn't appearing as the top link. So I had to keep scrolling down to find the page I wanted.

So I did apt-get remove mozilla and then apt-get install mozilla. Both went fine until I realised nothing had changed except it now wasn't letting me into https sites. So I decided to use Galeon. Then realise it won't let me go to https sites either. A message came up saying please installl PSM (Personal Security Manager) and a quick Google later other people who had the same problem just uninstalled/reinstalled. So I reinstall mozilla-psm. No difference.

Now I haven't rebooted since but then you don't need to reboot Linux with minor things like this right? So any suggestions as to how to fix both browsers would be appreciated as it is a hindrance and I hate booting back into Windows.

Jason
PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2004 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well what do you know it works. I just rebooted on the off chance it might just fix things and it all works fantastic again.
jebba
PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2004 6:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could be just log-out, log-in as well (?)
Jason
PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2004 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah it could well be. I rebooted because I was messing with the kernel as ever. Next time I break the browsers I will try the login/logout sequence.
Page 1 of 1

Protected by Anti-Spam ACP