FAQ   Search   Memberlist  
Profile    Log in to check your private messages    Register    Log in
BLAG Meeting 29th Aprill, Brixton Road

View previous topic :: View next topic  
kazim
PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2004 3:28 pm    Post subject: BLAG Meeting 29th Aprill, Brixton Road Reply with quote

Anybody up for a BLAG session Thursday 29th April? 7pm at 365 Brixton Road.
Any suggestions on topics to cover, anyone need a machine looked at? Bring it along.

Jason
PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2004 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am working on that day and won't get home till at least 9pm if I am lucky :( If I am not shattered I will pop in after that unless its going to be an early one.

I think a good theme would be to start advancing regulars to newer things each time. Sure if any new people show up then of course we can go through installs with them. I think it is kinda hard to measure though since some of us learn at different paces.

k
PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2004 1:15 pm    Post subject: BLAG meeting Reply with quote

OK its happenning at 365 Brixton Road, 7pm onwards. Looks like not an overwhelming attendance expected, so looks like is a good night to bring sick machines ;)
PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2004 11:44 pm    Post subject: BLAG MEETING FEEDBACK Reply with quote

We installed 9002 on a 40 kilogram 1995 IBM that probably cost the same as a small car in it's day. Went quite well except for XF86Config which wouldn't play ball with the Cirrus Logic GD5440. :x The display appeared to be sort of replicating 6 times around the screen, and tweaking XF86config resulted only in this error:

Code:

Fatal server error
no screens found

Even setting Driver="vesa", playing with EXPORT DISPLAY=0.0:0 etc, and finally reverting to the original XF86config wouldn't bring any notion of X back.

So we took the opportunity to experiment with the "mplayer" command playing files online and off a mounted disk. Cam turned up with loadsa chat and good vibes and the good vibes floated out the window and mplayer was the deejay and no-one cared about X-windows any-more!

Jason
PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2004 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am glad it was a success. Any chance of another meeting next week? I haven't got work and would love to come along. Vasco and Michael could probably be there too.
Page 1 of 1

Protected by Anti-Spam ACP