FAQ   Search   Memberlist  
Profile    Log in to check your private messages    Register    Log in
Blag 3k

View previous topic :: View next topic  
trufflesdad
PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 7:55 pm    Post subject: Blag 3k Reply with quote

I have upgraded both my boxes to 3k and it is great....I am trying to d/load and burn a copy of 3k for a friend...I d/load the torrent file but when I burn and test the disc ithe title is for a dvd...I run the test and it fails..This happens on both boxes...Wonder if anyone else has
had this problem.....Usually I do not bother and skip the test but as the disk was a give away I neede to be sure it was ok

jebba
PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This disk check /does/ say it's a DVD even though it's a CD. This was reported before final, but not fixed because I didn't think it was too big of a deal. :)

As for it burning correctly, check the instructions here and try it this way:

http://www.blagblagblag.org/download/

You could also try it with or without "-pad". Burn it at a /slow/ speed, if possible. Could be some bad media. Bad CDs are the #1 install problem.

-Jeff

trufflesdad
PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2005 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jebba wrote:
This disk check /does/ say it's a DVD even though it's a CD. This was reported before final, but not fixed because I didn't think it was too big of a deal. :)

As for it burning correctly, check the instructions here and try it this way:

http://www.blagblagblag.org/download/

You could also try it with or without "-pad". Burn it at a /slow/ speed, if possible. Could be some bad media. Bad CDs are the #1 install problem.

-Jeff

Thanks for the reply...I always burn from the command line as I find it quicker..
I have tried both ways with and without -pad on both boxes and no joy....The
media is ok as I have just written Puppy Linux to it on this box and Mepis on the other..
I will copy my old blag to a cd and give that to my friend and then do an upgrade...

jebba
PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2005 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hrumph.

Try this:

Code:
apt-get update
apt-get install anaconda-runtime
/usr/lib/anaconda-runtime/checkisomd5 BLAG-30000.iso
/usr/lib/anaconda-runtime/checkisomd5 /dev/cdrom

That passes for me. The first checkisomd5 checks the .iso file, the latter one checks the disc in you cdrom drive.

I think jason has the same problem you do. Did you do "-dao"?

Jason
PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2005 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The mdd5 of my CD was correct but it failed. I installed anyway and it was perfect. My CD passed the media test when I booted the 10k CD and then swapped to the 30k CD.
Page 1 of 1

Protected by Anti-Spam ACP